The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I sing all the time. I sound especially fantastic at the moment, as I have a very sore throat.
In my head, I'm fantastic. In reality, not so much.
I'm terrified of singing in front of people. I'm not actually bad, I just feel really weird about it.
I suppose I'm ok at singing; not amazingly good, but not out of tune. Most of the time I don't even realise that I'm singing, but it's usually when I'm on my own and I hardly ever do it in front of other people.
Reply 4
I was in choir so I think I'm okay? I mean, I see no bleeding ears when I sing. I can't sing without music in the background though - not in front of other people at least. Which is sort of cheating, actually.
I sound like a cat being run over. :colondollar:

I sing all the time round the house, and don't care if my family hear me (normally they just shout 'please shuuuut up!' at me :p:), but even if I was a great singer I don't think I'd have the confidence to sing solo in front of strangers. Having said that, I was forced into being in the school choir (you couldn't hear me when we sung together though, thankfully!).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
In theory yes, as I'm part of the college's choir, but when it comes to one-on-one I get a bit nervous before having to sing. Once I've started, I just get too 'into' it, and don't care who hears me.
I love singing. I do it all the time.
Bellissima
and do you think you're a good singer.

eg. i'm an ok singer (not good enoguh to do a concert or a show or anything) and i usually have to be quite comfortable with people around me to sing in front of them. or at least have other people singing at the same time.

I'm usually OK with singing in front of people. :smile: But I like to have known them for a bit first.

I wouldn't say I am a great singer though. Not awful either though.
Reply 9
I go for it when nobody is around. Even when riding my bike. In front of people is just a big fat no.
I stopped singing lessons because I used to freak out about having to sing in front of others.
Reply 11
I sing all the time :biggrin: and I wish I could sing in front of hundreds of people, but I'ld feel a little bit intimidated i think :o:
(edited 13 years ago)
I sing so much better when I'm nervous, so I love singing in front of people :biggrin:

I would consider myself a good singer, I do a few covers and people clap so....
Reply 13
I can, but don't... shyness gets the better of be.
I did it once.

Never Again.
Reply 15
Used to do dancing/singing routines in front of my family as a kid, but then I made the mistake of recording myself.. I think I'm all right so long as it's a low song.
Nope.

I am lead singer/guitarist of my band, so im used to it!
Played to crowds over 2,000 and have a tour lined up next year supporting large bands (muse etc) where we'll be playing to crowds 60,000+ :biggrin:
I'm a bad singer. I save it for when I'm on my own listening to the white stripes.
Reply 18
fox_the_fix
Nope.

I am lead singer/guitarist of my band, so im used to it!
Played to crowds over 2,000 and have a tour lined up next year supporting large bands (muse etc) where we'll be playing to crowds 60,000+ :biggrin:

wow, muse?! that'll be amazing, well done and good luck!
I'm a really horrible singer, think hippo singing. I love it though and do so very badly with much gusto, I have problem doing that publicly either. However, I think if I was to really try and sing I would be embarressed cause its not a joke anymore, then its just crap!

Latest