Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you mind singing in front of people? watch

ReputationRep:
    Never sang in front of someone, so :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    strangely i find it easier in front of strangers than my family. they always either coo and be over the top or just take the **** :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    wow, muse?! that'll be amazing, well done and good luck!
    I know, I'm so ******* stoked
    We're not travelling with them, we're just opening during one of their December gigs @ australia which is kinda meh, but I can't ******* wait.

Pressures on though, after we got signed a journalist said I was a 'the next matt bellamy' which is a huge compliment but ******* hell, I am now bricking it

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit pants, but I like it. I've been forced into doing a few solos at various concerts at my sixth form and stuff, but that's about it. I much prefer singing as part of a choir; much more fun. I sang part of Vivaldi's Requiem as a solo in Eton Chapel last year and I nearly pooed myself.

I can't sing anything but classical stuff really. A bit of big band stuff and that's about it. I'm an absolute fail at singing anything considered modern, which is a shame. No X Factor for me :moon:

ReputationRep:
    i sing to myself a lot.
    my friends go to karaoke on a friday night, i used to go with them before i recently moved for uni and when i first started about 4 years ago i was adament i was just there for a few drinks and their company and wouldnt sing but they just kept putting my name in to sing and dragged me up with them, so i had to go with it and quite enjoy doing it now. still wouldnt do a whole song on my own but will happily do duets or sing in a group, dont think im terrible but not the best either and we mainly go to have a laugh and enjoy ourselves while not taking it too seriously.

also when you work in a nursery with toddlers and pre-schoolers (which i did for 2 years) you have to get used to singing a lot as you have to sing a lot of nursery rhymes and sing tto help them sleep, so you have to be able to sing in front of people no matter how badly it may be at times.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so bad at singing :L

I sing a lot when I'm at placement with the babies And sometimes sing with close mates when were listening to music. I wouldn't sing in front of a crowd though o_o

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fairly average singer and I'll do it informally in front of people but I probably wouldn't be happy doing it formally.
    Saying that I always used to get picked as the lead for school plays when they had singing parts but that was a lonnnggg time ago haha

ReputationRep:
    I don't minding singing in front of tonnes of people if I'm playing a gig. But I don't singing when a few people ask me to play/sing them something unless it's me mucking around singing a dumb pop song. I think I'm a lousy singer too, so tend to drench my vocals in reverb and delay.

ReputationRep:
    A bit. In pubs or at weddings normally after alcohol drank to be honest... I'm not bad apparently though.

Ballad of Kevin Barry my party piece so to speak but I'd love to be able to be able to sing Rocky Road To Dublin respectably though (look it up if you haven't heard it - brilliant song) but somehow doubt it...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm i don't sing too often, but im okay singing infront of my friends but nooooo way infront of strangers.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When sober I know I', a pretty crap singer.
    When drunk anything goes

ReputationRep:
    I'm a really terrible singer. Like, really terrible. I never ever sing in front of people; I'm not that cruel.

ReputationRep:
    I will get up and sing infront of anyone! I can sing well enough, not well enough for any of these shows or to be famous, but i can hold a tune!

ReputationRep:
    Singing and dancing in front of people are terrifying prospects for me.

ReputationRep:
    I had a classical training in singing, so I used to sing on local concerts regularly, but I hate singing in front of family and friends. I really prefer singing when I'm on a stage - I guess because I can't see people's troubled expressions then :p:
    The only time I sing for family is when I'm asked to sing carols at Christmas, but then I can hide behind the piano :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, never have and never will. I'm too shy

ReputationRep:
    I sing around people and i'm dreadful. Being that bad is what gives me the confidence to sing as people know i don't actually think i'm any good and it is just funny.

ReputationRep:
    I like to sing in my head and in shower but not aloud, I really suck at it though

I sing comic songs on stage, and the audience don't seem to mind.

I've not got a really good voice, I just hit (most of the time) the notes I'm looking for.

ReputationRep:
    If it's in a show/concert, I don't really mind it. I guess 'cause I'm kind of prepared for it and expecting it, and I've done it so often now that I don't get stage fright as much as I used to.

If it's singing along to something with friends etc. I get really nervous and don't like doing it, even if I've sung in front of them before.

I'd say I'm an alright singer, yeh.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.