The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Amlea
give me some tips please on how to deal with him!

Since I'm attracted to shy guys, well all you have to do is talk to him, and get to know him. As you get to know him, he will get comfortable with you and won't be shy to you...

I'm stating the obvious, which you should know already. :cool:
Reply 2
thanx but i was just wondering id htere were any other shy guyz who would plz give me some pointers!
Reply 3
How can you tell the difference between a shy guy who will be good and a shy good who will be bad?
Reply 4
There is a strange guy walking around on the balcony ...
Reply 5
Amlea
thanx but i was just wondering id htere were any other shy guyz who would plz give me some pointers!

Don't be too loud.
Reply 6
Just keep staring at them and freak them out, and they will develop feelings for you:biggrin:

Sorry I don't know :frown:
Reply 7
Icy Ghost
Just keep staring at them and freak them out, and they will develop feelings for you:biggrin:

Sorry I don't know :frown:

I agree ... and I'm shy :blush:

I just don't know what to say to girls :redface:
What do you mean 'deal with them'? Theyre only human. :smile:
Reply 9
:redface: I feel intimidated by some of the really confident ones
Reply 10
organise to see them somewhere.

Turn up naked, with beer.
Reply 11
try and get him to talk...we both i intitiate conv haphazardly u see
Sezkin
Since I'm attracted to shy guys, well all you have to do is talk to him, and get to know him. As you get to know him, he will get comfortable with you and won't be shy to you...

I'm stating the obvious, which you should know already. :cool:

I agree, you just need to show an interest. Just take some time to get to know him, might take longer than with someone who is more confident, but doesn't mean its any less worthwhile.

Just be patient and kind and see where it goes.

Good luck,

Ruthie xx
Reply 13
jordanv
Turn up naked, with beer.

Hell yes, if all girls did that, 'shyness' would be out of the dictionary :wink:
i still dont believe that shy guys are attractive to girls generally:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shy

shy girls on the other hand...:biggrin:
Heh, I used to be pretty shy... (no, seriously! :eek: ) so I can maybe help you out a bit with how I was way back in the day. Basically, give it time. If I remember correctly, I was really shy with people I didn't know very well but perfectly confident with people I did... so if you let him get to know and trust you he'll probably open up.

How old is this guy, by the way? Because if you wait long enough it might just go away. At about 17 I stopped "being shy" and became... well... me.

P.S. Giving it some thought, it's possible that I was never shy so much as "quiet and broody". I only spoke to speak my mind, and only when I thought it was worth saying. So potentially, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Are you sure he's actually "shy"? Maybe he's just not a big talker.
I believe the people who talk most have the least to say, so some see me as shy when that's probably not what it is, so I second what toy soldier said.
Reply 17
if your going for a shy guy it helps to be very confident or even overly confident so that hopefully they will confident in return.
I was and still am a shy guy. My advice to you is to become friends with the guy, and he will open up to you. Thats what im like anyway. I open up to friends more and i become less shy when im with my friends and i usually become not shy at all with best friends. :smile: (I hope this helped)
Reply 19
thanx