Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow I have just done my pre register and it seems that i have some clashs :eek3: The fact is that in my degree program i can only choose or economics or marketing, i want marketing and it clash

And a lot of lessons,tutorials... dont have hours :confused:

Also I am not unable to register to some events because it says that im unable to register

This is really confusing...

Any one having the same problems as me?

ReputationRep:
    Do the lectures clash, or the tutorials/seminars? If it's the seminars then you might be able to get put in a group that won't clash with your other subject when it comes to signing up in person in a couple of weeks time. If it's the lectures, then you're stuck I'm afraid.

What can't you register for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostbusterbunny)
    Do the lectures clash, or the tutorials/seminars? If it's the seminars then you might be able to get put in a group that won't clash with your other subject when it comes to signing up in person in a couple of weeks time. If it's the lectures, then you're stuck I'm afraid.

What can't you register for?
    Frist of all, thanks for your help! I was really borried.Sorry for my horrible english, I have some problems transmiting ideas in english hehe.
    Yep what clash are a lecture with a seminar, so what you have just told me makes me feel really good!
    Nowadays I am doing and English for Academic Propouses courses at lancaster and i had registered in the university the 6 of september. For that i was unable to access the pre register the 16 of september. They fix this bug yesterday and i made the preregistrer today.

What I also try to say is this, In some "Online Event Sign-up " I am unable to preregister because the website says "You are not yet signed up to an event in this group." Im only able to choose in one subject. Also in this webpage is shown that the seminar and the lecture clashes but I cant solve it .

Anyway, you solve my question. Thanks you very very much.
    Hope to see you some day in lancaster :woo:

ReputationRep:
    What is your Major going to be? There are some courses that take up two module slots (80 credits) so you would only be able to pick one subject in the pre register bit.

For the purposes of a time table, it will just be giving you an idea for what it looks like. There will be a few seminar groups to chose from, but this will be done in person, so don't worry about the online bit. Pre-register is more to give the staff an idea of how many people they are going to be expecting, so what it says there may not be exactly the same as what you're going to do.

Don't worry about anything, I'm sure it'll be fine once you meet the people when it comes to signing up in person!

ReputationRep:
    European management.

ReputationRep:
    Are we supposed to have our timetables already??
    All I've managed to find is the general timetable that shows all the subjects, and according to that I have lectures every day (I'm doing psychology) and this doesn't include seminars etc. Is this normal? I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you wont get your timetable until you sign up in person and they give you seminar groups and you affirm your minor/s. You can use the general timetable to work out what your lecture timetable will look like and then it's filled in with seminar groups on your sign up day.

Md, from what I can see (there's a slightly different credit system on your course) you've got 80 credits worth of modules you have to do, so yes, you can only do one module as a minor.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.