Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete please.

Basically i was seeing this girl. She was on the implant and i made sure that was true, she had papers to show it.
    Well i got her pregnant. And i feel terrible. She has agreed to have an abortion, we are both too young for it. Thing is i feel so bad for her. I read there is something like a 27% chance she wont be able to have children if the abortion pill doesnt work, and they have to use the other method. She is 1 month pregnant right now.
    Ive just been reading stories about women who have had abortions and have never gone a day without thinking about it and i just started crying. The guilt of creating the start of a life, my own flesh, blood and DNA, and it will be destroyed.
    I'm not stupid though, i know if she doesnt abort the child will be born into a bad life. We are too young to give it a good life, and i dont see her as a long term gf either. So i dont want a child to have parents who arent even married let alone together.
    I was with an ex for well over a year, we had sex at least 3 times a week and she was on the pill. We never used a condom and she never got pregnant. So i had no idea this could happen.
    Can anyone help me? Just difficult to deal with the guilt.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's nothing you can do to make yourself feel better because obviously it is a bad thing that one would naturally be upset about. Just in time you will get over it, for now there's nothing you can do about the shame and the guilt, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    it's really that nice you care about this girl of course there are a lot of issues, but just remember to be there foor her while she goes through with it. i'm not sure if you're going out with her or not, but maybe you should stay near just to help her through this until she's ok.
    hope things will work out

ReputationRep:
    ^^lool

seriously OP there is nothing you can do but follow the above advice in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheffieldunited)
    gutted lol u shud keep ya dik in ya pants or use a condom
    Wow, you fail at being anonymous....
    OP- it probably won't be easy but at least you care, which should make it easier for her. Whilst it might not seem nice, if you can't care for it then it's the best choice you can make. Better to bring up a child when you can care for it properly and on your own terms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victor-PP)
    I can't understand how people in the developed world are still unaware about the importance of contraceptive methods :facepalm:
    He said the girl was on the implant, what more do you want? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    people have done worse things and have got over it..... i killed 99.9% of the bacteria on my toilet seat the other day, poor souls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

Basically i was seeing this girl. She was on the implant and i made sure that was true, she had papers to show it.
    Well i got her pregnant. And i feel terrible. She has agreed to have an abortion, we are both too young for it. Thing is i feel so bad for her. I read there is something like a 27% chance she wont be able to have children if the abortion pill doesnt work, and they have to use the other method. She is 1 month pregnant right now.
    Ive just been reading stories about women who have had abortions and have never gone a day without thinking about it and i just started crying. The guilt of creating the start of a life, my own flesh, blood and DNA, and it will be destroyed.
    I'm not stupid though, i know if she doesnt abort the child will be born into a bad life. We are too young to give it a good life, and i dont see her as a long term gf either. So i dont want a child to have parents who arent even married let alone together.
    I was with an ex for well over a year, we had sex at least 3 times a week and she was on the pill. We never used a condom and she never got pregnant. So i had no idea this could happen.
    the reason you got her pregnant is because you have what will like to call super sperm, i myself suffer from such a condition. these sperm are tough they survive in any environment. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Its refreshing to see a guy who cares. Stick by her while she goes through it and after for a while, just as friends if you're not together.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly though, you shouldn't feel guilty- although it may feel natural to! You did use some form of contraception, and, your girlfriend really should take most of the responsibility over her own body...

These things happen, nothing is 100% effective. Your just an unlucky statistic so cheer up and help your girlfriend out if she needs support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Wow, that's incredibly unlucky, considering the implant is the closest thing to foolproof aside from abstinence. You'll get over it though, it'll just take some time. You know you're doing the right thing, so at least you have that to make you feel a bit better.

Moron. She was using the implant, which is the most effective method of contraception there is.
    Well, it didn't work, did it? That's why it is highly recommended not to rely on just one contraceptive method. He could have used a condom, not only for birth control but also to prevent catching STDs. Specially considering the OP was seeing the girl. Some people may say it would be unnecessary to wear a condom in that case but oh well, I bet the OP will differ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacke02)
    people have done worse things and have got over it..... i killed 99.9% of the bacteria on my toilet seat the other day, poor souls.
    you genocidal maniac!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but did you actually FEEL the implant in her arm? That's a far better indicator than looking at paperwork, which tbh, just gives me an amusing mental image.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they are pretty big things and they only last (I think) 2 years. So you could gave not had it removed theoretically but it wouldn't be working if it had run out of stuff

ReputationRep:
    OP, the attitudes of some people on here are less than to be desired. You did all you could and took reasonable precautions. You obviously cared about not having a baby as you even asked to see paperwork! I would suggest that you be there for her whatever you decide, but if you feel that strongly about aborting a baby, maybe look at adoption? Whereby she would have the child and then give it to a family that can't have children. Many familes that adopt will send a letter once a year to let you know how the child is getting on and so forth. I hope it all works out for you

ReputationRep:
    You did all you could. Just see her through this and after 'cause she'll need the support as well as you, being as you're the only two going through this and will be feeling the same thing. If I were in the same situation as you I would abort it, nobody said it would be easy.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.luxuryhousingtrends.com/w...eld-vacuum.jpg
    I think this vacuum is an appropriate shape for the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacke02)
    hahaha

OP, give it time, you'll be alright. Been through that, but even worse. We got over it in the end, but it still bothers me and my bf sometimes. But the good thing is, it both made us more stronger and the bond between me and him are more stronger as well. Its nice to know that you care about her and the baby. Some people don't even bother and just want to lose the fetus as soon as possible to get over with the problem.xx

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't have to have the abortion. She could give the child to foster parents. Bearing in mind that abortions often result in reproductive complications later on in life.

Bad situation, you have my sympathy.

People making jokes about it need to go and hang themselves. Do the world a favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

Don't abort, have the child and put it up for adoption. That way no killing is involved and maybe you can leave a letter for when the child turns 18 saying what happened and apologising... It won't reduce the mother's fertility either.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.