The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Love.Angel.Music.Baby
It sounds to me like she's trying to trap you.

You have to give it to her straight now, the time for messing around, pretending to want to be with her is over. Tell her you want her to have an abortion, give her the reasons for this, tell her you don't want any kind of romantic relationship with her, but you will be there supporting her, make sure she knows that whether she aborts the baby or not, you don't want to be involved romantically.

Unfortunately, you cannot force her to have an abortion, if she chooses to have to baby, you can't stop her. If she does decide to keep it, try and suggest adoption. I really feel sorry for you, you took the necessary precautions, they didn't work, now it just feels like she's trying to trap/ guilt you into a relationship with her. On top of all this, if she does decide to keep the baby and not put it up for adoption, the poor kid ain't gonna have a brilliant life. Tough break, good luck xx

I know you probably didn't mean it like that, but that's still a pretty :lolwut: quote.
Reply 61
Main_Du_Bois
Moron: A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of 7 to 12 years. Generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. Classification no longer in use.

What point are you trying to make here?

Main_Du_Bois
Your question on rape victims becoming pregnant has no bearing on the moral and medical conquences of abortion. It's nonsensical to argue it does, the baby is an entity separate from the circumstances of its inception, no?

Sad thing is, if you weren't so scarily pugnacious I'd be inclined to say that I can see what you're saying here, but I'm just going to cut to the chase - how is my valuing the woman over the unborn child any different from your valuing the unborn child over the woman?

Main_Du_Bois
My view on women getting raped is that all women just have at least a basic knowledge of jiu jitsu and that all citizens should have the right to carry weapons for self defence if they so choose.

Be very careful with what you're implying here.

Main_Du_Bois
Simply taking moral depravity like rape as a given and then indulging in a different depravity like the disregard of human life as some form of solution is not a particularly useful contribution quite frankly.

You don't think that forcing a woman to have her rapist's baby is a different sort of depravity?

Main_Du_Bois
Both acts have their root in the same mode of thinking, i.e. People are just biological machines. The detachment of emotion/spirit from matter. You may want to evaluate the philosophical basis of your arguments.

Are you suggesting that the act of abortion and the act of rape or being raped involve no emotions on the part of the people involved?

Main_Du_Bois
I said pressuring someone into an abortion was the act of a scumsucker. You should really try reading what has been written.

I apologise profusely, but your argument doesn't lead me to believe that you have very high regard for the women who choose to have an abortion; please do correct me again if I'm wrong.

Main_Du_Bois
Your second argument relies first of all on the fact that the child be born unwanted. It is a very small minority of women who give up a child they have birthed.

Secondly, the continuation of your point that a person would prefer not to be born rather than be born "unwanted" is just complete nonsense. How can you even make such a comparison?! I'm assuming you spend the nights dressed in black killing all adopted children after carefully explaining to them that "it's better this way". Did you ever bother to find out what adopted children or children under state care think about the question? What a stupid argument to make.

No statistics can possibly summarise complex family relations the way you have suggested they can. I do think that children in care have a much harder start in life than those in loving stable homes (with or without their biological parents), but it's not just children who have been "given up" who I am referring to. It's the children who are born to mothers who are not emotionally or mentally ready to put their child's needs above their own, often with the sad consequence that the children are left without self-esteem or a sense of self-worth - which, themselves, lead to more problems (including unwanted pregnancy). And yes, I do frequently wear black. Quite often at night.

Main_Du_Bois
I'm sorry but a cognitive failure of that magnitude not to mention the complete absence of any empathic recognition regarding the destruction of human life can only lead me to conclude you are indeed mentally and spiritually disabled.

It worries me that you are so obscenely close-minded that you believe that anyone who doesn't share your views is mentally disabled. But sure, make your conclusions if you like; just remember that deeply entrenched views and progress don't tend to go well together.

Main_Du_Bois
I may well be employing cheap insults but I'm also trying to show you that your ideas are illogical and more importantly dangerous. Please refer to the italics.

What is dangerous is the fact that you are okay with denying individuals the right to choose their own paths, their own ways in life.
The women who choose abortions are the ones who would otherwise be raising the children - not you. I am very glad you are not making the laws. Please refer to common sense.
Reply 62
Conclusion to my thread:

The girl plays football, shes on the girls team. Anyway a football had hit her badly in the stomach about 4 days ago. Cause the miscarriage. She bled loads but thankfully she isnt preg anymore. Seen papers to prove it, shes a bit weird and i had doubts she could have been lying but she isnt.
So there you have it. Got a girl preg, football kills potential son/daughter, and i now have that lovely chapter to never be able to forget to add to my list of life long mistakes :/
Reply 63
Anonymous
Conclusion to my thread:

The girl plays football, shes on the girls team. Anyway a football had hit her badly in the stomach about 4 days ago. Cause the miscarriage. She bled loads but thankfully she isnt preg anymore. Seen papers to prove it, shes a bit weird and i had doubts she could have been lying but she isnt.
So there you have it. Got a girl preg, football kills potential son/daughter, and i now have that lovely chapter to never be able to forget to add to my list of life long mistakes :/

Well at least you didnt make her get an abortion. Even if she chose to keep it, same thing would have happened...
Main_Du_Bois
Yeah, eurgh... poor people. They're better off just not existing. :rolleyes:

So at what stage of the development of a human foetus does it become human? Do we count down the minutes or do you have a rough definition of what constitutes human? What is a human foetus if not human? Subhuman? An animal? A cluster of biological material? Please enlighten me. I'm pretty certain you're just another indoctrinated materialist who has made various assumptions about the nature of life without ever questioning their foundations. My jury is still out on the details but one thing I'm sure about is that an abortion for the sake of convenience is morally reprehensible.

One thing to always bear in mind: The DNA is clearly, from the moment of conception, completely unique from everyone else on earth.

In my view and in the view of a great many people, the destruction of potential human life shows the same moral poverty as the destruction of existing life. I have to call your "emotionally driven" counter argument badly constructed at best. It's the philosophical equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LA LA LA I don't wanna hear it."

The disregard shown by the majority of people on this topic for the sanctity of life (as well as sex) has a knock on effect on the entirety of society. Thanks for that, you brainwashed fools.

As for the OP hoping it was a miscarriage... what a sicko. To see you sycophants hovering around rubbing his back just adds to the disgust.

"Oh did your pressure tactics to convince her to kill your own unborn child not work? Ohhhh poor you... yeah you're right, hopefully it was a miscarriage... here cry on my shoulder" Rancid.
You continue use of viewing the foetus as a human being or a potential human being is, as I suggested, the cause of your emotional attachment. Hence why you see it as some kind of immoral act equating to cold blooded murder or something. Which is fine and your entitled to your opinion.

Ladies and gentlemen a human being.
(edited 13 years ago)
It wasn't your fault, you couldn't have foreseen this. I'm sorry that this has happened to you, but things have a way of sorting themselves out I've always found. If you want to chat about this privately, message me, I'd be glad to be of any consolation to you.
Reply 66
nuclearwinter
It wasn't your fault, you couldn't have foreseen this. I'm sorry that this has happened to you, but things have a way of sorting themselves out I've always found. If you want to chat about this privately, message me, I'd be glad to be of any consolation to you.

If you read the whole thread the OP has already concluded.
The girl got hit by a football and caused a MC.
Reply 67
Damn that story about the football and pregnancy is what I call divine intervention. You seem like a decent person though so all the best and I'm glad it worked out for you.
Astra_K
If you read the whole thread the OP has already concluded.
The girl got hit by a football and caused a MC.

Oh. Well, what did I say about things having a way of working themselves out? :smile:
Reply 69
nuclearwinter
Oh. Well, what did I say about things having a way of working themselves out? :smile:

In a rather sick way yes i guess things did work out for him lol
Reply 70
Its really nice to see someone who cares, there is notihng you cna od now like everyone has said, i personally admire you for going through with the idea of a abortion as i wouldnt be able to do it, there are gruops and counseling that can help if you ask, if thats something you would consider. You are doing a good thing as you cant look after a life. All the best :smile:
Reformed2010
You continue use of viewing the foetus as a human being or a potential human being is, as I suggested, the cause of your emotional attachment. Hence why you see it as some kind of immoral act equating to cold blooded murder or something. Which is fine and your entitled to your opinion.

Ladies and gentlemen a human being.

You may want to read your sentences before you post, some of them seem quite garbled.

It's not "my opinion" that a human foetus in utero is human, it's a scientific fact. They have their own unique genetic code. Arguing that a foetus is not human until a certain stage of development is a nonsensical argument. "Quick! Kill it now before it becomes human!" Ridiculous.

The argument you are advancing is exactly the same argument that was used to justify the enslavement of the Black race where the common line was "They are humans but they are not persons and therefore do not deserve the rights personhood grants". Just so you understand the kind of philosophical company you keep.
Reply 72
theths
not to be harsh, but it sounds like you're being a bit selfish :/ just be honest with her, at least give her the chance to make an informed decision

even if she has the baby, she can always put it up for adoption? if it eases both her and your guilt, then why not?

i think she's right OP.the girl deserves honesty anyways!!let her make her own desicion.it's as much her kid as yours.
derp
Sad thing is, if you weren't so scarily pugnacious I'd be inclined to say that I can see what you're saying here, but I'm just going to cut to the chase - how is my valuing the woman over the unborn child any different from your valuing the unborn child over the woman?

Because the woman will not be killed? Comparing the "hassle" of having a child and the act of destroying human life is completely nonsensical.

derp
Be very careful with what you're implying here.

What am I "implying"? I have clearly stated that there are other solutions to the social problem of rape. What you are advocating (abortion) isn't even a real solution. I'd also point out that the situation you describe is very rare.

derp
You don't think that forcing a woman to have her rapist's baby is a different sort of depravity?

I would never make abortion illegal as that wouldn't solve the problem. That doesn't mean I can't decry the choice as immoral. I think the right thing to do would be to have the child. People have to do the right thing in terrible cirumstances all the time, it's sad but it's true. To infer I don't support abortion because I somehow want women to suffer really is an insulting argument to make.

derp
Are you suggesting that the act of abortion and the act of rape or being raped involve no emotions on the part of the people involved?

You don't understand the point I'm making. I'm saying that the philosophy underlying the mindset of a sexual predator (the victim is an object) and that of the pro-abortion groups (the foetus is an object) is the same.

derp
I apologise profusely, but your argument doesn't lead me to believe that you have very high regard for the women who choose to have an abortion; please do correct me again if I'm wrong.

It depends upon the circumstances. 99% of the time, you're right, I don't hold it in very high regard. That's not to say that there aren't people in my life who have undergone the experience that I don't treat with love. I simply don't agree with their decision.

derp
No statistics can possibly summarise complex family relations the way you have suggested they can. I do think that children in care have a much harder start in life than those in loving stable homes (with or without their biological parents), but it's not just children who have been "given up" who I am referring to. It's the children who are born to mothers who are not emotionally or mentally ready to put their child's needs above their own, often with the sad consequence that the children are left without self-esteem or a sense of self-worth - which, themselves, lead to more problems (including unwanted pregnancy). And yes, I do frequently wear black. Quite often at night.

You have no argument here, the reason your reply here goes on and on is a peculiar characteristic of English. The ability to dance around a subject without getting to the point. You essentially said it was better an unborn child be killed in the womb than be born in foster or state care. How are you going to back that kind of point up? It's quite clearly a disturbed opinion. You sound like a social darwinist quite frankly. I'm sure you're not but it's amazing how many people repeat their thinking without realising it. Do you know who financed the abortion rights movement?

derp
It worries me that you are so obscenely close-minded that you believe that anyone who doesn't share your views is mentally disabled. But sure, make your conclusions if you like; just remember that deeply entrenched views and progress don't tend to go well together.

I was being tongue in cheek, get over it. I believe in truths, I don't buy into this "everyones opinion is equal" nonsense. To infer that I have not thought about the alternative view would be wrong as I have. I just don't agree.

derp
What is dangerous is the fact that you are okay with denying individuals the right to choose their own paths, their own ways in life.
The women who choose abortions are the ones who would otherwise be raising the children - not you. I am very glad you are not making the laws. Please refer to common sense.

The vast majority of abortions are carried out because a woman does not want to take responsibility for her actions or because she wants the easier way out for herself. I don't support this mindset one bit, I see it as immoral to destroy life for the sake of convenience. The idea that it's a black and white issue of female liberty is complete propaganda, I'll happily explain where this propaganda came from and who sponsored it too.

I would not make a law against abortion, I'm an anarcho-syndicalist at heart so it really doesn't fit into my modus operandi. Well done for jumping to conclusions though. I would prefer to appeal to people using knowledge and humanity. There was a time when life had sanctity and thus abortion was much rarer and considered a taboo. I believe that was far healthier in terms of social outlook, I would not however want to go back to backstreet abortions. It's not black and white.
(edited 13 years ago)
KellyWellyWoo537
OP, the attitudes of some people on here are less than to be desired. You did all you could and took reasonable precautions. You obviously cared about not having a baby as you even asked to see paperwork! I would suggest that you be there for her whatever you decide, but if you feel that strongly about aborting a baby, maybe look at adoption? Whereby she would have the child and then give it to a family that can't have children. Many familes that adopt will send a letter once a year to let you know how the child is getting on and so forth. I hope it all works out for you :smile:

Hahaha no chance, ignore this OP, just make sure she gets the abortion, be a gentleman, be there for her but move on. Stop worrying so much about it either, you act like it's your flesh and blood but all you provided was half the initial human genome ,that is literally the extent of your involvement, she is the pregnant one. The foetus is not a thinking feeling being, all it is at the moment is the death of your life from here on out if it is born. Nothing is lost but your young and self-confessed poorly stabilized lives are saved.

the OP
Ok im gonna be honest here and explain more.
Im not a saint, i feel guilty.
I recently split with my long term ex, and i felt a bit desperate, and i met up with this girl. We both knew we were just seeing eachother though, but i had no motivation to go out with her.
Now she is pregnant. She went to the doctors today, and she can have the abortion pill like we expected. PROBLEM is that she is going on holiday with friends in like a month, and the doctor said she cant travel abroad for up to 12 weeks incase of complications. So now what?

The bigger problem is, she took a stupid amount of convincing to abort. And even worse, i attempted to break it off with her and she said she will have the baby and she wants nothing to do with me. I feared for myself, so i made out that i really wanted to be with her, and she said she would have an abortion if it meant i'd stay with her.
So if i dont pretend i want to be with her, she will likely have the baby, if i do pretend she will abort.

Its twisted, and i regret ever meeting her. Im doing this for the babies sake, it isnt right for it to be born into this, its not even a relationship.

Exactly. Grit and bear it but pretend, she gets the abortion, than dump.

It wont be easy and it wont be fun but it'll get you where you need to be, which is most certainly not fathering a child you don't want or need with a girl you don't want or need.

It's a **** situation but keep your head and you'll get through it.
It's good you are worrying about her feelings to and stuff but lets be realistic, women are not some helpless little wrecks. Plenty of women have abortions and get on with their lives.

I also agree with Annie72, she might be faking it. Either way just watch your back and get out once it's all clear.

Also ignore the pro-life nut-jobs, hopefully they'll die off with their religion.
Main_Du_Bois
You may want to read your sentences before you post, some of them seem quite garbled.

It's not "my opinion" that a human foetus in utero is human, it's a scientific fact. They have their own unique genetic code. Arguing that a foetus is not human until a certain stage of development is a nonsensical argument. "Quick! Kill it now before it becomes human!" Ridiculous.

The argument you are advancing is exactly the same argument that was used to justify the enslavement of the Black race where the common line was "They are humans but they are not persons and therefore do not deserve the rights personhood grants". Just so you understand the kind of philosophical company you keep.
Did you just compare aborting a foetus to the direct enslavement, torture, rape, murder and legal apartheid of over 60millions Africans and their descendants, which include my family and myself.

Oh dear god.

When it comes to your view of abortion, you are actually claiming the right of a actual human being, a grown woman. Is to be ignored for a sake of a bunch of cells at the early stage.

You try to claim that because it contains all the genetic code of a human being. Weak argument, why? because every single cell in the body does. Secondly the soon-to-be-human cannot survive without the womb and the mother. Go and read up on your science 'knowledge' and learn when a foetus even begins brain activity. Seriously a chimpanzee is more worthy of life by your definition of a human being. A chimpanzee can breathe, live, support its self, shares 99.9% of our DNA and has consciousness. Your simply saying a foetus is a human being because of what it will become AFTER in 9 months time. Base on that, the right of the woman and the babies life chances is to be ignored.

Amazing. Raped? tough luck baby. Single mother and barely able to afford food for herself? tough luck baby. unwanted and will be given up? tough luck baby. Living conditions dire? tough luck baby. Yes, because of other peoples 'principles' it is morally right to allow a child to be born under these conditions. All for the sake of what the baby was going to become 9 months down the line.

You know what is funny? the majority of those against abortion. Are the same ones who cry blue murder at parents who are bringing up children on benefits and not working. Are the same people who attack single mothers. Are the same ones who don't give a **** about the children born on a run down estate with **** life prospects. Or are the same people who don't have to worry about adopting the child after its been given away.

But you have life now they reply. Too late now little baby, and hey tough 'luck' (which it wasn't, because mr principled allowed it to happen) you are born into these situations. Hey, I still got my 'principles'. Shame I don't have an idea where your dad is...

Selfish.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reformed2010
Did you just compare aborting a foetus to the direct enslavement, torture, rape, murder and legal apartheid of over 60millions Africans and their descendants, which include my family and myself.

I compared the logic, not the act. You're trying to sensationalise something that I never even said. I'm not sure where you got the figure of 60 million from, if you're referring to the number of black slaves transported in the transatlantic slave trade you're looking at more like 12 million. I'm not sure why you need to bring up the fact you're black? I'm white and I too come from a lineage of peasants that were directly enslaved, tortured, raped, murdered and imprisoned under a slave state for nearly 800 years of the British feudal system. Welcome to the club. It's called the repeating cycle of history. I actually find it offensive I could not be equally outraged by the atrocities committed against any race of people.

Reformed2010
When it comes to your view of abortion, you are actually claiming the right of a actual human being, a grown woman. Is to be ignored for a sake of a bunch of cells at the early stage.

How many times do I have to say that I don't agree with banning abortion? Did you even bother to read my posts? I've addressed the "abortion as a womans right" propaganda already.

Reformed2010
You try to claim that because it contains all the genetic code of a human being. Weak argument, why? because every single cell in the body does. Secondly the soon-to-be-human cannot survive without the womb and the mother. Go and read up on your science 'knowledge' and learn when a foetus even begins brain activity. Seriously a chimpanzee is more worthy of life by your definition of a human being. A chimpanzee can breathe, live, support its self, shares 99.9% of our DNA and has consciousness. Your simply saying a foetus is a human being because of what it will become AFTER in 9 months time. Base on that, the right of the woman and the babies life chances is to be ignored.

Once again, a purely materialist argument. We're dealing with an ethical debate here yet you consistently only want to deal with life as a purely material phenomenon, there are no grounds for ethics in a purely material cosmos. They are nonsensical.

If you actually read what I wrote you'll see the word, unique. UNIQUE GENETIC CODE. That was the point, it will be born a unique individual. Abortion does not destroy "cells" it destroys a unique life. You've been brainwashed to think about life itself in machine like terms.

I have no idea why you're bringing up adult chimpanzees? Whilst we're on the subject though the true figure has been found to be between 86% & 94% (depending which study you look at) and includes differences such as humans bearing 23 chromosomes and chimps 24. Earlier studies claiming 97-99% were flawed.

You bring up the life chances of the foetus as you argue for it's death? Really? That's very odd logic. Surely if life is that bad, the individual could choose to kill themselves? If anyone believed the kinds of arguments the pro-abortion people here bring up you'd think the impoverished would be offing themselves by the thousands!

Reformed2010
Amazing. Raped? tough luck baby. Single mother and barely able to afford food for herself? tough luck baby. unwanted and will be given up? tough luck baby. Living conditions dire? tough luck baby. Yes, because of other peoples 'principles' it is morally right to allow a child to be born under these conditions. All for the sake of what the baby was going to become 9 months down the line.

I was raised by a single mother with two jobs. We had very little money... I had a happy childhood. Maybe you should think before you speak.

It's funny how those who are on the pro-abortion side of the debate seem to have such a hatred of the poor. I don't care if you're poor yourself, your argument implies only a life lived in material (THERE IS THAT WORD AGAIN) wealth is worth living. It's no surprise you espouse opinions that sound like social darwinism when you learn it was the eugenics obsessed upper class that funded the major foundations which gave abortion it's mainstream status. It was always about stopping the peasants from overbreeding. Here you are 70 years later repeating their propaganda as if it were your own opinion.

Reformed2010
You know what is funny? the majority of those against abortion. Are the same ones who cry blue murder at parents who are bringing up children on benefits and not working. Are the same people who attack single mothers. Are the same ones who don't give a **** about the children born on a run down estate with **** life prospects. Or are the same people who don't have to worry about adopting the child after its been given away.

My family is originally from an estate in the midlands. I was one of two children in a single parent family. Claiming you're some kind of defender of the poor makes no sense to me. You keep saying being born poor or with little chances of gaining material wealth is a fate worse than death. Literally. I somehow doubt your platform of encouraging the poor to murder their unborn offspring to solve poverty would catch on in deprived areas. However I have read that argument before... Oh yes, the 19th century upper class writers in the Eugenics movement, you should research that.

Reformed2010
But you have life now they reply. Too late now little baby, and hey tough 'luck' (which it wasn't, because mr principled allowed it to happen) you are born into these situations. Hey, I still got my 'principles'. Shame I don't have an idea where your dad is...

You're just repeating the same poor argument. Being born poor = worse than death. I'm almost impressed at how much mileage you've managed to get out of a plainly ridiculous conception.

The real point is that mechanistic conceptions of human life lead to the destruction of lifes sanctity which in turn leads to.... great evil. You wonder why there is so much darkness in our society? How do you expect to solve the issue of poverty if life itself has been rendered a crude biological mechanism?

It seems to me that everyone who has posted pro-abortion arguments haven't actually thought about the very foundation of their arguments. Namely, that life is nothing but a purely physical/biological/material phenomenon.
(edited 13 years ago)
Main_Du_Bois.

I have been reading Applied Ethics edited by Peter Singer for my optional philosophy modules to my degree. Read pages 37-86 the logic, reason and facts put forward by pro abortionists. If you disagree after reading all that then fine. But I'd suggest you take a look and allow your opinions to be challenged.

1. Are you saying a foetus is human because it has the potential to become one? because that would be comparable to saying an acorn is an oak tree. When the two are completely different things. Yes an acorn can (it may not) grow into an oak tree.

2. Materialism cannot be divorce from philosophy. Philosophy, if we want to generalise, can be divided between the idealist and the materialist camp.

3. If the foetus and woman have equal rights to life, then in the cases where its known the baby can kill her. How do you propose to decide which one lives?

4. You cannot compare my argument on abortion to slavery. If so, you grossly ignore it or do not know it. I argue for abortion knowing that I am against the destruction of human life. Life that is capable of living, as in breathing without the support of the mother. So my materialistic argument cannot be used to then argue the case to enslave a living, breathing and intelligent human being that have brown skin. Impossible. Read the distinctions I draw, thank you :smile:

5. I am sleepy, hope you find that book. Its a good read!
Reformed2010
Main_Du_Bois.
Better off quoting!

Reformed2010
I have been reading Applied Ethics edited by Peter Singer for my optional philosophy modules to my degree. Read pages 37-86 the logic, reason and facts put forward by pro abortionists. If you disagree after reading all that then fine. But I'd suggest you take a look and allow your opinions to be challenged.

If it's in the library or on scribd I shall. I plan to write an article about abortion so I will be doing plenty of reading from both sides of the debate, don't worry. I shall have to research the author and his affiliations of course, bioethics is where all the social darwinists hide these days.

Reformed2010
1. Are you saying a foetus is human because it has the potential to become one? because that would be comparable to saying an acorn is an oak tree. When the two are completely different things. Yes an acorn can (it may not) grow into an oak tree.

I don't compare plant life and human life. I believe human life is more sacred than that of a tree. I would also point out that the same completely unique genetic properties that exist in human fertilisation does not exist (to the same extent) in plants. I would also point out that acorns are a valuable food source to higher animals... unlike the human foetus. It is therefore completely right that most acorns not end up as oak trees. The acorn argument is really quite a bad one, are bioethicists really using it?!

Reformed2010
2. Materialism cannot be divorce from philosophy. Philosophy, if we want to generalise, can be divided between the idealist and the materialist camp.

I'm not particularly interested in philosophical debate as much as I am the effect of philosophical beliefs on society.

Reformed2010
3. If the foetus and woman have equal rights to life, then in the cases where its known the baby can kill her. How do you propose to decide which one lives?

I would agree that in that kind of case, the pre-existent life should take precedence. It would however be the choice of the mother.

Reformed2010
4. You cannot compare my argument on abortion to slavery. If so, you grossly ignore it or do not know it. I argue for abortion knowing that I am against the destruction of human life. Life that is capable of living, as in breathing without the support of the mother. So my materialistic argument cannot be used to then argue the case to enslave a living, breathing and intelligent human being that have brown skin. Impossible. Read the distinctions I draw, thank you :smile:

I clearly stated the comparison. There's no use commenting on what you think I mean when I've already told you what I mean.

Reformed2010
5. I am sleepy, hope you find that book. Its a good read!
Cheers, I hope your dreams were as enlightening as they were bold. :smile:
I do not agree that she should have an abortion when there are people in the world that would give anything for that child-one stupid mistake and this girl gets pregnant. People try for years and can't have one so why not give them a baby, rather than killing it. And you'll find, if you look in to the stages of development for a foetus - it has fingernails after roughly 3 weeks, therefore human traits, therefore a human.

Latest

Trending

Trending