Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE resits for Medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was wondering which Med schools allow a resit in GCSE English i obtained a C unfortunately and i need a B for most med schools. Some university websites specify that you cannot resit it with out extenuating circumstances. ( Manchester and KCL i found out). However other university do not state much on GCSE resits.

i got A*A*A* AAAA BB C at GCSE

Thanks all help will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Hi i was wondering which Med schools allow a resit in GCSE English i obtained a C unfortunately and i need a B for most med schools. Some university websites specify that you cannot resit it with out extenuating circumstances. ( Manchester and KCL i found out). However other university do not state much on GCSE resits.

i got A*A*A* AAAA BB C at GCSE

Thanks all help will be appreciated
    Barts and the London
    Brighton and Sussex
    Keele
    Southampton

there might be some others as well.

ReputationRep:
    so far UCL do no mind anybody know what Nottingham and Imperial think

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried phoning up some unis?

ReputationRep:
    a couple i never seem to get through but i phoned UCL and KCL rest i emailed. I was hoping some people on here might have a idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Barts and the London
    Brighton and Sussex
    Keele
    Southampton

there might be some others as well.
    that list, are they the unis that DONT accept resits?

ReputationRep:
    and what if i only resat a year 10 exam worth 30% of the gcse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesalamander123)
    that list, are they the unis that DONT accept resits?
    They do.
    Southampton and Barts and London only accept one resit in GCSEs.

Look here

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/admissions...aqs/index.html

Whereas BSMS and Keele don't mind and you don't have to have extenuating circumstances for that.

ReputationRep:
    They do.
    Southampton and Barts and London only accept one resit in GCSEs.

Look here

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/admissions...aqs/index.html

Whereas BSMS and Keele don't mind and you don't have to have extenuating circumstances for that.
    what constitutes a resit? any exam that was part of the GCSE?
    if they discounted a resit module, would they recalculate the overall grade?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    what constitutes a resit? any exam that was part of the GCSE?
    if they discounted a resit module, would they recalculate the overall grade?
    cheers
    You could resit only one module exam or retake a whole GCSE. It doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    You could resit only one module exam or retake a whole GCSE. It doesn't matter.
    That's not exactly what I was asking.
    I have already resat a module.
    Will the universities know that I resat that one module (in year 11), and will they count the GCSE as a retake?

ReputationRep:
    That's not exactly what I was asking.
    I have already resat a module.
    Will the universities know that I resat that one module (in year 11), and will they count the GCSE as a retake?

Nope they wouldn't know.

Most universities don't even mind about resitting modules in your A levels provided that you finish them in two years.

You resat one module in your GCSEs, I don't think they would ever know about that and they don't care as long as you fulfil the minimum GCSEs requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Nope they wouldn't know.

Most universities don't even mind about resitting modules in your A levels provided that you finish them in two years.

You resat one module in your GCSEs, I don't think they would ever know about that and they don't care as long as you fulfil the minimum GCSEs requirements.
    coolio

ReputationRep:
    people on this thread helped me so much... I got a C in English and im going to see if it was close to a B so i can get it remarked otherwise im going to resit it and i want to resit some modules to get some A's up to A*s. I was 15 ums off A* in physics for example and i flopped the ISA. I want to redo the ISA and get those extra 15 UMS and get an A*

ReputationRep:
    nottingham dont let u resit anything but i think imperial do let u resit

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.