ReputationRep:
    sadly im not even in reading until monday
    i'm being fed at home due to my -£900 overdraft

ReputationRep:
    Purple Turtle
    Dogma
    Iguana
    Revs if you're desperate...

Also I can't think who in their right minds would go to BRACKNELL instead of Reading?! The only thing I can even think of on offer there is Dezire...eurgh. Or Camberley for that matter, all they have is a spoons and envy I think it's called? Rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teddybomb)
    Purple Turtle
    Dogma
    Iguana

Also I can't think who in their right minds would go to BRACKNELL instead of Reading?! The only thing I can even think of on offer there is Dezire...eurgh. Or Camberley for that matter, all they have is a spoons and envy I think it's called? Rubbish!
    They have the Ag as well =D

But you're right, I wouldn't go to any of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabriella)
    They have the Ag as well =D

But you're right, I wouldn't go to any of them.
    Ah yeah, forgot about there, never been though. But the only reason I ever had a night out in Camberley was because a lot of my friends lived in the area, and even then it was only ever spoons then back to someones house!

ReputationRep:

Also I can't think who in their right minds would go to BRACKNELL instead of Reading?!
    This.
    I mean, it's bloody Bracknell FFS. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    This.
    Ha, I try and avoid being there as much as possible, the only reason I ever am is cos two of my good friends live there. And they have a sweet tattoo studio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    This.
    This is a good point... my bad ^^;

ReputationRep:
    I live in Reading and we always have the BEST nights out! Start in Monks where the drinks are very cheap Then Tuesdays at Revs are very good, then head to the Turtle but get there before 2am or you won't get in! Then we always get chicken from perfect fried chicken at like 4ish but that's really maybe only something we do!

Thursdays are good at Sakura, Fridays go to Yates first instead of Monks because they have goooood deals on pitchers Then yeah as people have said Dogma is amazing on Fridays.

Beware of the walk from the Revs/monks/yates/q-bar side of town to the purple turtle/dogma/sakura side of town...it's about 10 minutes in heels.

Seriously though, maybe it's because it's home and I love going out with my home friends, but Reading nights are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    =Then we always get chicken from perfect fried chicken at like 4ish but that's really maybe only something we do!
    Woooo PFC! Loving it! I always called pfc perfect ******* chicken, which is what it was in under my phone, but then I got a new phone, which wouldnt let me have so many characters in my phone book, so it transfered across as "perfect ****" whihc is just too funny to change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarCAZm)
    Woooo PFC! Loving it! I always called pfc perfect ******* chicken, which is what it was in under my phone, but then I got a new phone, which wouldnt let me have so many characters in my phone book, so it transfered across as "perfect ****" whihc is just too funny to change
    Haha that's hilarious!! I might steal that I scraped my leg down one of the chairs in there last week, and it was very painful! Great end to the night! The chips in there are sooooo good though

ReputationRep:
    Purple Turtle
    Dogma
    Iguana

I still don't understand why anyone goes to Iguana.
    The place doesn't have any redeeming features...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire_Spoon)
    I still don't understand why anyone goes to Iguana.
    The place doesn't have any redeeming features...
    Nice and chilled out, good cocktails, plays decent music as opposed to your Revs bog standard crap...it's not for everyone though

ReputationRep:
    In terms of:
    - Cheapness
    - Lots of girls compared to guys

Which is the best would you say?

I have only heard of Dogma, Revs, Lola Lo, Skint Mondays, Qbar, Purple Turtle. And I have only actually been in the Purple Turtle which is quite laid back, the bouncers are nice, a little bit 'skanky' in places and not so much of a dance your tits off place (more of a just sit down, drink a pint, have a chat and crash out on the sofa).

I don't really care about the music as long as it is not infested with chavs who will get lippy/start a fight

I prefer places more bouncy and vibrant. So which is the best for me...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamburgerandbeans)
    In terms of:
    - Cheapness
    - Lots of girls compared to guys

Which is the best would you say?

I have only heard of Dogma, Revs, Lola Lo, Skint Mondays, Qbar, Purple Turtle. And I have only actually been in the Purple Turtle which is quite laid back, the bouncers are nice, a little bit 'skanky' in places and not so much of a dance your tits off place (more of a just sit down, drink a pint, have a chat and crash out on the sofa).

I don't really care about the music as long as it is not infested with chavs who will get lippy/start a fight

I prefer places more bouncy and vibrant. So which is the best for me...?
    For clubs you've got Q, Revs, Lolas, Sakura, Dogma and obviously the union. Then you've got some decent pubs like Turtle, Pavlovs Dog and Monks Retreat.

Propaganda at Q Club is probably the best night out, its the main one all of my friends go to. Sakura is a bit of a sweatbox (cramped dancefloor) and Revs can be a bit pricy, but in general they're ok.The Entourage Project run a few nights per week, we've been a few times and they are quite popular and as my mate says, have a 'great ratio'. Union is usually a good night, i'd say Wednesdays are better because Saturdays attract a lot of idiots. I've never understood the fuss about Dogma. All the ''locals'' at my job love it but we've been a few times and we all hated it. Overpriced, full of chavs and a complete sausage fest. Plus i know a few people who've had their phones pickpocketed there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.