Turn on thread page Beta

Have I killed my tastebuds. watch

ReputationRep:
    I am fat, I dont deny that in the slightest and the only excuse I make is thatI went through a very bad family issue where someone was murdered that destroyed me a bit and by time I started recovering the physical damage is there and its now about losing the weight.

Up till the family issue where I started eating takeaways 3 or 4 times a week I was content eating bland foods like plain pasta with no sauce or meat, bowls of cereal(even with just water if desperate) plain Tesco Value mash, Rich Tea biscuits and well you get the idea!

I did eat say a chinese curry about once a week before that though with no rice or chips or a large kebab(though chucked about 4/5 of the meat away) because I liked the naan bred and salad and sauce and it was only like 50p difference between a plain naan salad and chilli and getting a king donner!

When I used to eat even a mouthful would make me want to hurl, back when I was thin now I am fat I have something similar but its like I dont enjoy the food so my mouth says I am still hungry so I eat more than I did before so I barely lose weight, I have the odd few pounds gain then a few pounds loss normally my weight loss is when I am shacked up in my room for like a week and dont leave house and live of basically nothing.

So back to the thread there must be a reason food has little taste anymore bar tasting sickly and rich or sickly and bland.

ReputationRep:
    You are ****ing ill dude. Go see a doctor. I'm serious.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing a doctor would be a better idea than asking on here

ReputationRep:
    Gp!

ReputationRep:
    poor u, i agree with everyone else, tell the doc what you told us because this is obviously a more complex issue than just overeating...

ReputationRep:
    I have chilli sauce on everything, used to drink neat whisky and smoke 20 Old Holborn rollies a day. And I've still got tastebuds.

Nothing wrong with liking spicy stuff, but you should cook your own. Cheaper and better for you.

As for your weight issues and their underlying causes, I would suggest getting some kind of help. Because it's clearly going a bit wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should consult your GP and a nutritionist to get you back to your formerly slim glory. It may well be that you have some psychological issues towards food that need addressing.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.