Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On Monday I moved in with some 2nd years who are all friends with each other. For the first two days hardly said anything to each other (spent a lot of time in my room), they went out on the first two days just themselves until yesterday when one of the girls invited me out I said yes and eventually I joined them (until I got refused entry for only having student ID and went back). Today it's just been like Day 1 and 2, I'm not being anti-social I just don't know what to say to them.

Any advice welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJH Glover)
    On Monday I moved in with some 2nd years who are all friends with each other. For the first two days hardly said anything to each other (spent a lot of time in my room), they went out on the first two days just themselves until yesterday when one of the girls invited me out I said yes and eventually I joined them (until I got refused entry for only having student ID and went back). Today it's just been like Day 1 and 2, I'm not being anti-social I just don't know what to say to them.

Any advice welcome
    Easy, just be abit more of a leader, get some alcohol and turn up at there room and say "lets go for a drink" . Or just organise a day out yourself and invite them. Or if you speak to them pop it as a joke say some it like "ohh you could invite me to your party, or ill invite myself" (ok bad example buttt just tryy w.e). Just don't be shy its very bad and next time go prepared when they invite you so you dont get turned back.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.