Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Never been kissed, had a boyfriend or EVER been clubbing! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Never been kissed, had a boyfriend or EVER been clubbing! I am 21 and have never experienced any of this and am now going to go Uni. Any advice of what I could do to increase my chances?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes get out and live a little.

ReputationRep:
    go clubbing?

ReputationRep:
    Go to clubbing at uni.
    You'll probably get some action at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself out there during university and don't be shy. Guys do love female attention so don't be afraid!!

ReputationRep:
    You're about to go off to uni? You will have no problems in these departments.

ReputationRep:
    Easier said than done! Its complicated I guess...

ReputationRep:
    I have low self esteem, am shy and would just freeze knowing that there would be a crowd in a club thats why i just will not be able to dance and loosen up.

P.S. I am tee-total and a virgin and I intend on keeping it that way until I finish Uni!

ReputationRep:
    No it isnt go to a club and smile at a guy you like the look of and hopefully he has the grapes to come up to u and chat.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! I'm not pretty enough for a guy to be interested in me. Thats my theory as to why I've always been single...

ReputationRep:
    are you good looking? nice body, nice face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimes_14)
    OMG! I'm not pretty enough for a guy to be interested in me. Thats my theory as to why I've always been single...
    Maybe it's because you refuse to drink or have sex?

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry theres always some lad that will take home the wrong uns.

Seriously though how do you know guys arent intrested in you?

ReputationRep:
    Because no guy has EVER asked me out. Also I am from a culture which permits me from drinking or having sex before marriage. At school I did fancy guys but they were always like 4/5 years older than me. I didn't do anything about it but they knew when I liked them because my friends made it a point to make it sooo obvious! Anyways, I am not pretty but I have seen girls who look waaayyy worse than me and they still have boyfriends. So I don't really know what to think to be honest. All I can say is that i'm very shy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    are you good looking? nice body, nice face?
    No, No and eerrrmmm No!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Yeah right!
    soo...what advice can we give? males are all visual.:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    OMG! R u all Male?! O.K. tell me what kind of girls do you like?! What do you go for personality and looks wise? and what is more important?

ReputationRep:
    But then even if that is the case (which it probably isn't anyway), not all guys are super hot. If you really, really want to pull, then there is no reason why you cannot. When you go clubbing you will see the state of some of the people who are getting together, so that is not the problem. It is all about confidence. If you are quite shy and reserved, this can often be seen as being snobby or rude; and body language is really important to. Head to the bar, smile at the guy next to you, and most of the time he will strike up a conversation with you- men like to be hit on! Only you can have more confidence in yourself, and until you do and you are happy with you, no-one else is going to be. You can stay tee-total but still let yourself go, have a dance! When I see people standing still in a club I think they look heaps more awkward than the ones dancing crazily In short, be open to new experiences, have faith in yourself, and just go for it!

ReputationRep:
    OMG! R u all Male?! O.K. tell me what kind of girls do you like?! What do you go for personality and looks wise? and what is more important?
    PM me a pic and I'll state if I like you. (Looks wise)

BTW in the club it's all looks no personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoxyLite)
    But then even if that is the case (which it probably isn't anyway), not all guys are super hot. If you really, really want to pull, then there is no reason why you cannot. When you go clubbing you will see the state of some of the people who are getting together, so that is not the problem. It is all about confidence. If you are quite shy and reserved, this can often be seen as being snobby or rude; and body language is really important to. Head to the bar, smile at the guy next to you, and most of the time he will strike up a conversation with you- men like to be hit on! Only you can have more confidence in yourself, and until you do and you are happy with you, no-one else is going to be. You can stay tee-total but still let yourself go, have a dance! When I see people standing still in a club I think they look heaps more awkward than the ones dancing crazily In short, be open to new experiences, have faith in yourself, and just go for it!
    Thanks for the advice!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.