Turn on thread page Beta

Never been kissed, had a boyfriend or EVER been clubbing! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinFish)
    PM me a pic and I'll state if I like you. (Looks wise)

BTW in the club it's all looks no personality.
    Really?! Then there's no point of me going clubbing then is there?!

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest; a typical club is really just a dark, noisy box full of drunk sweaty strangers trying to feel you up. (It depends on the individual whether this is a good or bad thing.)

ReputationRep:
    Dont be so hard yourself flaunt what you have got.

ReputationRep:
    Dont be so hard yourself flaunt what you have got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimes_14)
    Because no guy has EVER asked me out. Also I am from a culture which permits me from drinking or having sex before marriage. At school I did fancy guys but they were always like 4/5 years older than me. I didn't do anything about it but they knew when I liked them because my friends made it a point to make it sooo obvious! Anyways, I am not pretty but I have seen girls who look waaayyy worse than me and they still have boyfriends. So I don't really know what to think to be honest. All I can say is that i'm very shy.
    Right. You clearly have low self-esteem and that will be fairly obvious to any guy. You need to have self-respect before anyone can respect you. Act like you're worth something - and I'm sure you are - and other people will follow suit. I really am sure you're attractive. You've probably just got a really distorted image of yourself.
    To be honest, at school age, a four or five year age gap is massive, so don't feel crap about the fact that none of these guys showed interest. Come on, an 18 year old going out with a 13 year old? I think not! I don't mean to sound harsh here, but do you go out very much? If you don't, you can't really complain that you don't get any attention. No one, no matter how hot they were, would get any attention if they rarely put themselves in social situations. If you don't get out much, the fact that you've never been asked out isn't a reflection on you; rather it's a reflection on your social life. Going out doesn't mean you have to drink, so don't worry about that. Go to uni, relax and have fun, but don't do anything you're not comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrow_)
    Let's be honest; a typical club is really just a dark, noisy box full of drunk sweaty strangers trying to feel you up. (It depends on the individual whether this is a good or bad thing.)
    OMG! Really?! Oh ****, some idiots gonna puke up on my shoes!

ReputationRep:
    Really?! Then there's no point of me going clubbing then is there?!
    Well how can people judge each others personality? It's rare in a noisy environment where communication is sparse.

This is why I prefer lounges and bars...I'm the more sociable type rather than dancing and getting pissed...

You go clubbing for "fun" I guess, Try it out and see how you feel. Although clubbing is much better with people your more comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! R u all Male?! O.K. tell me what kind of girls do you like?! What do you go for personality and looks wise? and what is more important?
    scarlett johansson, Megan Fox, cheryl cole.

it depends on the guy which of personality or look is more important, i'd say both is important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    Right. You clearly have low self-esteem and that will be fairly obvious to any guy. You need to have self-respect before anyone can respect you. Act like you're worth something - and I'm sure you are - and other people will follow suit. I really am sure you're attractive. You've probably just got a really distorted image of yourself.
    To be honest, at school age, a four or five year age gap is massive, so don't feel crap about the fact that none of these guys showed interest. Come on, an 18 year old going out with a 13 year old? I think not! I don't mean to sound harsh here, but do you go out very much? If you don't, you can't really complain that you don't get any attention. No one, no matter how hot they were, would get any attention if they rarely put themselves in social situations. If you don't get out much, the fact that you've never been asked out isn't a reflection on you; rather it's a reflection on your social life. Going out doesn't mean you have to drink, so don't worry about that. Go to uni, relax and have fun, but don't do anything you're not comfortable with.
    Thanks for the advice and i've never really looked at my school crushes that way but now that you mention it, I can see what you mean. Anyways I am already nervous about moving in as I don't know ANY of my housemates and I feel awkward going clubbing as it is and then I'd probably have to be the one to bring them home because they'll be too drunk.

P.S. I don't want to offend anyone but this is my preconceived notion of students and clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    What uni are u starting at/studying?

ReputationRep:
    OP, this is the closest you'll probabily get to having dozens of males attention, now please post a pic.

ReputationRep:
    I 2nd that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    OP, this is the closest you'll probabily get to having dozens of males attention, now please post a pic.
    Whats OP? Do you seriously think I would need to be asking for advice if I was confident enough to show my picture to any of you?!

ReputationRep:
    DMU, Eng Lang n Edu Studs, u?!

Because no guy has EVER asked me out. Also I am from a culture which permits me from drinking or having sex before marriage. At school I did fancy guys but they were always like 4/5 years older than me. I didn't do anything about it but they knew when I liked them because my friends made it a point to make it sooo obvious! Anyways, I am not pretty but I have seen girls who look waaayyy worse than me and they still have boyfriends. So I don't really know what to think to be honest. All I can say is that i'm very shy.

Your the same as me. I'm 21, never had a boyfriend and or been kissed. But even worse i'm just finished my 3rd year of uni and am stating 4th year in 2 weeks!

I'm a bloody disaster. I had a chance to go out with osmeone who liked me but i was scared i was going to mess it up it being my first relationship and didnt know what to do....now i'm living with regret

Best of luck OP x

ReputationRep:
    I'd prob do the same if I was in your situation. It is a bit daunting when you've never experienced it before. Anyways you shouldn't live with regret, just start to go with the flow and learn from your mistakes the best you can. Whats OP BTW?

Never been kissed, had a boyfriend or EVER been clubbing! I am 21 and have never experienced any of this and am now going to go Uni. Any advice of what I could do to increase my chances?!
    I had my first "proper kiss" three days ago, second night of freshers. I didn't do anything to "increase my chances", it just happened. Honestly, I shocked myself, crazy shiz goes down at uni, I don't think you'll have a problem!

I'd prob do the same if I was in your situation. It is a bit daunting when you've never experienced it before. Anyways you shouldn't live with regret, just start to go with the flow and learn from your mistakes the best you can. Whats OP BTW?

It means original poster..I think. And thank you, i'm trying to move on but its hard. I've deacctivated my facebook and deleted his number so i'm hoping that will help, but i still think about him alot and hope he would text or call one day, but he wont..its reality i need to face it.

You should be ok, think of uni as a fresh start and enjoy it! especially first year, uni gets harder in 2nd yr

ReputationRep:
    But thats the thing. I'm a very deep person. I wouldn't want to be involved with a person that didn't really care and was just doing it for the sake of it. I know lots of crap happens when people are drunk.. I don't want to be someone's mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Never been kissed, had a boyfriend or EVER been clubbing! I am 21 and have never experienced any of this and am now going to go Uni. Any advice of what I could do to increase my chances?!
    What have you been doing the whole of you're life? You're too old now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.