Turn on thread page Beta

Recommend me some bluesy stuff watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got a pretty wide music taste and listen to almost everything and i'm getting into the bluesy stuff i was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions?

Prefer the bluesy stuff with long solos and nice riffs throughout the song - if that makes sense lol.......

ReputationRep:
    Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker - the greats. Check out some Eric Clapton if you like those long bluesy solos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker - the greats. Check out some Eric Clapton if you like those long bluesy solos.
    Cheers, will have a listen to those guys have some rep

Always been a fan of clapton and i'm really liking some of BB King's stuff

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not quite what you're after, but JJ Cale is worth a look
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    461 ocean boulevard by claptop.
    Excellent album.
    Also, the new album by mark knopfler, Get Lucky, has a few really good bluesy tracks.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably get yelled at, but john mayer forms a pretty nice segue from other music to blues

ReputationRep:
    Some White Stripes is fairly bluesy, a little bit, maybe! Probably not what you're after at all though. But it's worth a shot!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.