Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I really would like to study said course at Aston, I have been to Birmingham a couple of times and love the city, and the student survey results look convincing!

Does anyone plan to apply for Mech Eng for 2011 or are already on the course? (Opinions appreciated!).

Aston's typical offer is BBB (300 points), and I study History, Maths and Physics at A2, and am on a ABC respectively... but hoping to improve by the time results come around august 2011.

I was wondering if anyone knew if Aston's 'typical' offer is likely to be what they offer me if they decide to do so? My PS is not great, I am very interested by the subject area but there's a lack of work experience and whatnot, I'm hoping this doesn't hinder me too much because from some example PS's I've seen make me think I have no chance!

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Have had my offer from Aston for the same course of 320 points. What were you offered? Hope your Jan exams are going well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyflemming)
    Hey

Have had my offer from Aston for the same course of 320 points. What were you offered? Hope your Jan exams are going well!
    Wow, long time for a reply but it finally happened!

Was offered lower, BBB, not points, so all is well

ReputationRep:
    Have been offered foundation

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the same course at Aston and is my insurance choice, i got a call from my firm saying i didnt get the place. But I'm not sure about Engineering at Aston :cool:

What do you guys think about it for Mech eng?

University open days

1. Aston University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.