Turn on thread page Beta

What is the obsession with rowing at Cambridge watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many people at Cambridge think rowing is so good? Loads of people who dont even like sport try it and every1 that does it seriously is REALLY boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John154)
    Why do so many people at Cambridge think rowing is so good? Loads of people who dont even like sport try it and every1 that does it seriously is REALLY boring.
    It's just a big tradition at the university and many people get sucked in to all the buzz that exists around the sport. As long as there is enough hype even the most boring sports can become exciting!

ReputationRep:
    i think rowing is fun. :/

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't row, but I like the idea of getting in on the hype and supporting my college/uni team

ReputationRep:
    It's one of the toughest sports you will (n)ever know. A lot of it comes from the Boat Race rivalry thing, obviously. But it's impressive in a way that Cambridge with its stereotypes is associated with a sport that involves serious guts.

Anyway OP, give it a go...your target is 5k on an indoor rower in 17:30...yeah right!!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.