Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to join the Chinese society at my university but I don't know if I will fit in watch

ReputationRep:
    i hate chinese societies and never gonna join one. mainland china people always stick to themselves and isolate them from the outside world which i hate and most BBCs also just stick to other BBCs and try to be chinese even tho they grew up here and can hardly even speak the language properly

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't sound like it would be very fun from how you described it really, so I wouldn't bother. But in general cases I'd say yes... my friend is White and Russian, lived in England for 8 years and in the Japanese society at her uni! It doesn't really matter, but in this case they seem a bit 'excluding' so I wouldn't bother personally. Up to you though!

ReputationRep:
    BBC and join the chinese/hk society. are there other orientals? i study in manc so there are loads of other orientals. be positive!!

ReputationRep:
    Mainland China tend to stick with their own and the Hong Kong orientals or British born are more open to mixing and just like you. This is what I've noticed at my uni. My mate is Hong Kong bbc and popular. Some of the girls are quite sweet and friendly also. Join and see.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.