Turn on thread page Beta

Missing freshers events? watch

Announcements

Is it social suicide missing freshers events? I don't really like clubbing and stuff. Does anyone not go to freshers parties?

ReputationRep:
    As long as you get to know your flatmates and people on your course I don't think it will be too bad. The people you meet in freshers won't necessarily be your best friends and as the year progresses you will continue to meet new people. Most unis also hold events in the daytime and they may be more your sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like clubbing either, but I might force myself to go
    But idk

ReputationRep:
    I went to two 'club nights' in a row. They're good if you know people but this early on they're not too good.

However, I've met loads of people through societies and classes rather than clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    I went out lots on Freshers but you end up being friends with people on your course etc. You can skip freshers altogether and still have as many friends as everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Don't miss it, only a fresher once - enjoy it while you could.

It's mainly because the events are finishing at like 3am, and I have to be in lectures the next morning at 9am. Harsh! And I have quite a commute aswell.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.