Turn on thread page Beta

Should the Prime Minister be the highest paid in the public sector? BBC Panorama watch

• View Poll Results: Should the Prime Minister be paid higher?
    Yes, the PM should be paid a higher salary
    60.61%
    No, the PM should be paid a lower salary
    9.09%
    Neither, the PM salary is just about right
    30.30%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    And how do you suppose you'd organise that? Set up a Ministry of Hard Work? Perhaps have a certain idea of how hard certain jobs are? What happens if someone in a difficult job like being, say, a bin man, works a little less than his fellows? If someone who you think does an easy job works ten-hour shifts? Theonly way that would be enforceable would be with government inspectors watching literally everyone's every move in the workplace.
    :rolleyes: Did I say that it was possible to do so? No.
    i merely said how it 'should' be. It's an ideal.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownrebalz)
    Did I say that it was possible to do so? No.
    i merely said how it 'should' be. It's an ideal.
    What I mean is that if you have an ideal that amounts to an extremely large omelette, then a lot of eggs are going to get broken.

ReputationRep:
    PM's make loads of money. Cameron could make millions from an autobiography and charge thousands for each lecture. All former PM's do this.

(Original post by the_educated1)
    :yep:

I agree entirely. The role of Prime Minister is probably the TOUGHEST ROLE in the entire public sector.
    It ferociously demands commitment, effort, sacrifice, and accountability. The 9,000 public servants paid more than the Prime Minister should be capped, and paid less than the Prime Minister. They do not carry as much accountability, and responsiblity to the BRITISH PUBLIC.

1) he is only realistically sacked every 5 years.
    2) He gets masses of expenses before and after office
    3) Nobody ever said the PM was paid enough...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.