Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello, im a fourteen-year old and i'm planning to join the basketball varsity. I have a really good endurance: i came at a 12. 1 in the beep test, can run 5 km continuously at 20 mins and have a strong body, problem is, i have thin arms. can you suggest ways to add muscles in my arms or any other exercises to help me develop more muscles. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Heavy barbell curls
    Seated dumbbell curls
    Hammer curls

ReputationRep:
    Dont just woek your arms you will look daft do a full body workout with heavy compounds such as squats, deadlift, bench press etc and eat like a demon.

ReputationRep:
    Doing the usual Bicep curls etc is okay but it doesn’t always work for everybody so here is a quite simple bodyweight exercise that I know helps several people.

It is quite simply a variation of the standard push up. Now there are many ways to do push ups and I don’t know how you do them so here is how to use push ups to help your arm muscles.

Place your hands just wider than shoulder width beneath you; move them down so they are in line with the bottom of your chest not your shoulders as usual.

From here lower your body down like a press up but try and keep your arms by your side instead of flaring out to the side and relying on your shoulders and back. This leads to you using your arms to perform the push up instead of your back and shoulders as other positions do. Try doing a few if you can and maintain technique.

Find your max number of reps and try and find the time to do it twice each day and always aim for your max or one or two over if possible.

Sorry for how long this post is just to explain one simple thing. Let me know whether it is of any use to you or not

ReputationRep:
    why do I suspect the whole basketball backdrop was made up as it sounds gay to say "i want more muscular arms". Anyway - if you can throw the ball hard enough i don't really see why you'd need more muscular arms. If you want to increase whole body strength (and therefore size) do starting strength.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.