Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    Madam, I sincerely apologise.

I'm sure it's actually a great university, but I'm sure you'll concede in a purely prestigious sense, not as good as Cambridge.

But yeah, I feel like a **** now.

Sorry
    Haha, no worries.
    I only went to the sixth form there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got the tshirt)
    Yesterday I was feeling really good about my UCAS application - had sorted my ps, got a glowing school reference and almost narrowed my uni choices for engineering (Cambridge, Edinburgh, Bath, Sheffield and Southampton) - then I got my predicted grades.
    I knew my parents wouldn't be happy but the way they reacted you'd i have thought I had wrecked my chances of Cambridge completely.
    I have 5 A grade AS s(Physics, DT, Chemistry, Maths and FM) and my lowest score was FM (I got 91%). I have dropped Chem and am taking
    M3 as an additional maths module.
    My parents thought I should have been predicted A* in FM as I got over 90% UMS but my sister said as no one got A* in FM this year they wouldn't have predicited A*. (She is an Oxbridge freaher).They think I should ask to be predicted an A*.
    Will I still get a Cambridge interview - I have 11 A* GCSE and A in FSMQ
    because of your parents your going to have NO friends

ReputationRep:
    Are you Indian by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    what a whipped pussy.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I was feeling really good about my UCAS application - had sorted my ps, got a glowing school reference and almost narrowed my uni choices for engineering (Cambridge, Edinburgh, Bath, Sheffield and Southampton) - then I got my predicted grades.
    I knew my parents wouldn't be happy but the way they reacted you'd i have thought I had wrecked my chances of Cambridge completely.
    I have 5 A grade AS s(Physics, DT, Chemistry, Maths and FM) and my lowest score was FM (I got 91%). I have dropped Chem and am taking
    My parents thought I should have been predicted A* in FM as I got over 90% UMS but my sister said as no one got A* in FM this year they wouldn't have predicited A*. (She is an Oxbridge freaher).They think I should ask to be predicted an A*.
    Hmm... 5 posts so far? Troll account!

ReputationRep:
    what a :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Asian ones! :rofl:
    ASIAN!!
    Too right :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge are more interested in UMS scores than predicted grades - a Cambridge tutor told me. Their mathematical tests have shown that to be the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    He hasn't replied for about 2 pages+ridiculous post=troll.
    I don't see why he is a troll. He said:

I'm not a troll. I know my predictions are really good but I'm being pressurised by my parents into asking the school to give me an A* prediction. I don't want to do that.

ReputationRep:
    I got predicted AAAA and I got A*A*A*A. I can honestly tell you its nothing to be ashamed of :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    One day in your innocent life you will realise that things don't always appear as they seem. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    LOL!
    Woah.. Your parents over-react..
    I got 3 A*s and an A- It has made no negative impact on my life in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Him saying he isn't doesn't mean he isn't. I just find his story very hard to believe. I could understand if it was maybe 2 A*s and 2As but one SINGLE A?

ReputationRep:
    Trolololololoolololol

Retarded parents :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm so glad your parents aren't my parents! You poor thing, Don't feel bad still apply. for god's sake, I'm applying to Oxford my grades aren't as Brilliant or in highly academic subjects like yours are. I got 1* not 4!!! and my parents are supporting me.
    Its ridiculous. 1* and 2 A's is brilliant, so your parents should wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    Him saying he isn't doesn't mean he isn't. I just find his story very hard to believe. I could understand if it was maybe 2 A*s and 2As but one SINGLE A?
    He says:

"I don't want to do that. "

"I know my predictions are really good but I'm being pressurised by my parents "

He doesn't care about it.

ReputationRep:
    Can we just make a sticky with "Have you been predicted A*AA? If yes you will almost 100% get an interview at Cambridge"

FYI They do not really care how many predictions of A*'s as long as you have one...

ReputationRep:
    I guess this thread proves that good grades do not necessarily correlate with high intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.