Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex bf lied about changing his phone number Watch

I recently broke up with someone for cheating on me - I was devastated and couldn't eat for a couple days. Anyway I removed him off Facebook and all that.

So it's a week later and I realise that I still have a pair of shoes plus toothbrush at his house. I ring him, and the number is disconnected! I also tried calling him from my house phone and it's the same thing. A good friend of mine then tried to call him, also same.

I ask him about it via email but he Lies (just got the reply today) and says that he must have been asleep when I tried to call. But it's lies. So why did he feel the need to lie to me?

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter? You are not together anymore right?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps he just unplugged everything to have some space?

ReputationRep:
    He probably wants to completely cut you off and start a fresh now that you're not together :/

ReputationRep:
    It's fairly normal to try to cut off contact to try to get over someone so I wouldn't dwell on it. He probably lied because he doesn't want to admit it to you. If you want your stuff back the best thing to do is either drop by his house some day and just casually ask if you can collect your stuff or get a mutual friend to ask him if they can collect it.

(Original post by Sine)
    Why does it matter? You are not together anymore right?
    It matters b/c in the email he sent me, it says he still wants to remain friends and that he wants to meet with me but how can he really if he's changed his phone number??

(Original post by JenKat)
    It's fairly normal to try to cut off contact to try to get over someone so I wouldn't dwell on it. He probably lied because he doesn't want to admit it to you. If you want your stuff back the best thing to do is either drop by his house some day and just casually ask if you can collect your stuff or get a mutual friend to ask him if they can collect it.
    Ok you could be right, but I don't wanna drop by his house as he's a cop and the consequences would be bad if I did that. He would assume I'm stalking! So don't think that's a great idea. Maybe the friend thing is a good idea, cos they were nice shoes! I'm not willing to give them up just b/c of him lol.

ReputationRep:
    a TOOTHBRUSH? Ok you have something worth £1 at his.
    And the shoes? Just buy some more unless they were £20 or more.

(Original post by Astra_K)
    a TOOTHBRUSH? Ok you have something worth £1 at his.
    And the shoes? Just buy some more unless they were £20 or more.
    They were defo over that (shoes)! But I would also like to know why he felt the need to lie?!

ReputationRep:
    He might not realise you don't have his new number? Who cares really?

ReputationRep:
    I want my toothbrush back - what a 'nice' excuse :rolleyes:. You want him back I suppose?!

p.s: deleting him on facebook, email and stuff like that...girl, that's childish attitude, kids do that! What do you want to rpove him by doing that, that you dont care?! It's already obvious cause you broke up with him. Stop it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sungirl)
    I want my toothbrush back - what a 'nice' excuse :rolleyes:. You want him back I suppose?!

p.s: deleting him on facebook, email and stuff like that...girl, that's childish attitude, kids do that! What do you want to rpove him by doing that, that you dont care?! It's already obvious cause you broke up with him. Stop it.
    Have you ever been in a long term relationship and then been cheated on?

I don't wanna be part of his harem, he's a well-known player in the city I live in atm.

I obviously found out too late as I'm a trusting person hey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They were defo over that (shoes)! But I would also like to know why he felt the need to lie?!
    Woman, stop being stupid, send a friend round to enquire and pick up the shoes, than get your oh-so important shoes and MOVE ON.

He cheated, you broke up, you deleted him and stuff from Facebook, he blocked your number.

Live with it, god.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but it was long time ago and I improved and learned quite a lot since then.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wanna be part of his harem, he's a well-known player in the city I live in atm.

I obviously found out too late as I'm a trusting person hey.
    Is his nickname 'snake'? cause I think I've seen this thread already.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but it was long time ago and I improved and learned quite a lot since then.
    Well then you dont really have any basis to tell the OP to 'grow up' as it were.

Deleting him off FB was the first thing to do.

Thanks xox

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    he blocked your number.
    Lol he didn't block my number! :p: Cos my friend tried to ring him and the message said the same thing, 'phone number disconnected'.

ReputationRep:
    Ok you could be right, but I don't wanna drop by his house as he's a cop and the consequences would be bad if I did that. He would assume I'm stalking! So don't think that's a great idea. Maybe the friend thing is a good idea, cos they were nice shoes! I'm not willing to give them up just b/c of him lol.
    You can't get in trouble for going round to someone's house to pick something up, regardless if they're a cop or not. If he has changed his number just accept he doesn't want to stay in contact with you, even if he said he wanted to be friends or whatever. Move on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.