Turn on thread page Beta

Ex bf lied about changing his phone number watch

Announcements

(Original post by sungirl)
    Is his nickname 'snake'? cause I think I've seen this thread already.
    No, why do people on this forum always ask questions like that? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's a secret agent or on the run from the police :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Probably better that way, then yuo can get over him better. Try n get the shoes back and then just leave him to it. I doubt you'd actually want to stay friends with someone that betrayed you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, why do people on this forum always ask questions like that? Lol.
    there was a thread very similar to yours and I thought maybe you posted it twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sungirl)
    there was a thread very similar to yours and I thought maybe you posted it twice.
    Thats because the same person posting this has also posted about a MILLION other threads about the same guy... Maybe not about changing his number but still.

ReputationRep:
    i just broke up with my f , but tbh if a guy cheated on you, then why see that guy, cuz tbh i no the only reason why u wana collect ur stuff is to see him agian, just get over him, get a new guy and a new pair of shoes ( and i would suggest a new tooth brush )

ReputationRep:
    I recently broke up with someone for cheating on me - I was devastated and couldn't eat for a couple days. Anyway I removed him off Facebook and all that.

So it's a week later and I realise that I still have a pair of shoes plus toothbrush at his house. I ring him, and the number is disconnected! I also tried calling him from my house phone and it's the same thing. A good friend of mine then tried to call him, also same.

I ask him about it via email but he Lies (just got the reply today) and says that he must have been asleep when I tried to call. But it's lies. So why did he feel the need to lie to me?
    Get over it, the relationship is over, he is not obliged to be honest in any way.

If your shoes and toothbrush are what you are after just request them from him, when he gives them back to you, matter closed.

ReputationRep:
    They were defo over that (shoes)! But I would also like to know why he felt the need to lie?!
    It' really up to him whether he wants to lie or be honest, you are no longer in a relationship and furthermore, you are not his keeper.

ReputationRep:
    Brick through the window.

My ex did this to me. Now I've moved away to uni, I can forget about him - when we lived at home, it was a small town and I'd see him everywhere so it was really hard to cut the contact. He changed his number and deleted his facebook without telling me; so next time I saw him I confronted him. Didn't go well.

Unless they're a pair of really nice Uggs or something, I'd leave it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    Get over it, the relationship is over, he is not obliged to be honest in any way.

If your shoes and toothbrush are what you are after just request them from him, when he gives them back to you, matter closed.
    I don't think the only people you're obliged to be honest to are people you're sleeping with. Weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    I recently broke up with someone for cheating on me - I was devastated and couldn't eat for a couple days. Anyway I removed him off Facebook and all that.

So it's a week later and I realise that I still have a pair of shoes plus toothbrush at his house. I ring him, and the number is disconnected! I also tried calling him from my house phone and it's the same thing. A good friend of mine then tried to call him, also same.

I ask him about it via email but he Lies (just got the reply today) and says that he must have been asleep when I tried to call. But it's lies. So why did he feel the need to lie to me?
    You removed him off of facebook and you're getting indignant over him changing his number? If he cheated on you while you were going out he's hardly going to be honest when you aren't.

My ex did this to me. Now I've moved away to uni, I can forget about him - when we lived at home, it was a small town and I'd see him everywhere so it was really hard to cut the contact. He changed his number and deleted his facebook without telling me; so next time I saw him I confronted him. Didn't go well.

Unless they're a pair of really nice Uggs or something, I'd leave it.
    Can I ask what happened when you confronted him? I'm just curious! You don't have to answer this.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't care that he lied to you. In fact it should make you more determined to not bother wasting anymore time worrying about him. He cheated on you, and THEN makes out he wants to be friends but changes his number?! What a scumbag. You should feel glad you don't need to have anything more to do with him. You must have some mutual friends who can exchange stuff for you? Aside from that, just leave it. You're better off without someone like that in your life and in time you won't feel so hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    I don't think the only people you're obliged to be honest to are people you're sleeping with. Weirdo.
    LMAO, you're the weird one.

When people break-up they want closure, they don't want the other half to keep pestering them. He's no longer her boyfriend and has no obligations or loyalties to her, especially as she is sounding like a control freak.
    One wonders why he cheated on her in the first place, he'd probably had enough of her nagging.

When people break-up they want closure, they don't want the other half to keep pestering them. He's no longer her boyfriend and has no obligations or loyalties to her, especially as she is sounding like a control freak.
    One wonders why he cheated on her in the first place, he'd probably had enough of her nagging.
    He could have just said in the email that it was none of my business, which is not lying.

I wasn't jealous in the relationship nor did I nag, in fact if I recall correctly he was the one who was more possessive than me but nevermind.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JenKat)
    It's fairly normal to try to cut off contact to try to get over someone so I wouldn't dwell on it. He probably lied because he doesn't want to admit it to you. If you want your stuff back the best thing to do is either drop by his house some day and just casually ask if you can collect your stuff or get a mutual friend to ask him if they can collect it.
    Exactly

ReputationRep:

You will never see those shoes or toothbrush again. You are supposed to get those things BEFORE breaking up with them.

ReputationRep:

It's not hard to say, "Yeah, I changed my number, leave me the **** alone."

Like really. Gets **** done a lot quicker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    a TOOTHBRUSH? Ok you have something worth £1 at his.
    And the shoes? Just buy some more unless they were £20 or more.
    Who the hell buys shoes for less than £20?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.