Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend of two years left for a another guy. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OP here

Didn't realise this got approved. I've decided that we'll just be friends but that's all I want. I've told her I'm not gonna wait for her. If it happens in the future, it happens. But I'm not being second best no matter what. And to people saying about 'owning your own spine'. I've only just found out about this, I'm allowed to be slightly gutted aren't I?

I can't take her out of my life completely. She's been to big apart of my life for that. We're still on good terms really. I feel maybe one day I won't feel how I do.

Maybe we're still on good terms because I don't care about her as much as I used to aswell. But thanks for all the replies, even some of the harsh ones, they're things I needed to hear.

Just ignore her. She will either love the fact that you have left her alone to be with the new guy with no hassle, or eventually over the next few months miss you and realize what she had.
    Either way it doesnt really matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon please?

I just feel I need to get stuff off my chest. We'd been going out for 2 years and then she started college. A guy started chatting her up on Facebook even though he knew she was in a relationship and he was aswell. She got flattered and started seeing him in college, cuddling and what not.

Needless to say I got jealous. Hugely. Got paranoid and for every reason too. She told me she was leaving me because she didn't know if she could be with me and not cheat. But what I don't understand, how can she feel more for this guy she's known for a week, over me who she's been with for two years? Wouldn't it be better to give us a chance?

Nothing had changed until this and it really hurts. We've agreed to be best friends but she knows I want more. I've asked for her to consider me again in the future if it doesn't work out.

Any advice? It'll be hugely appreciated or just some words of who else has gone through this.
    new people are always more exciting. You'd feel the same way if some chick was after you.

I'd say you'll get over it, but actually most people don't and just stay bitter enemies for ever and ever. Good luck, though.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9QYv9XBMHI

She is a fool

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.