Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When you're called for an interview at Oxford, do you need to bring any documents to the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omio)
    When you're called for an interview at Oxford, do you need to bring any documents to the interview?
    I don't recall having to do so, but that was a while ago now!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't asked to bring any specific documents, but I always showed my passport to the porter.

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't think so - any required written work will have been sent up already. Might be worth taking a passport/ID if you want to go out to a pub or anything while you're there - they will ID like crazy during interview periods.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a bad idea to bring along school transcripts so that the admission tutors can see my performance at school rather than just the A level exams?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Take them along if you want to, but I doubt they're actually going to look at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omio)
    Is it a bad idea to bring along school transcripts so that the admission tutors can see my performance at school rather than just the A level exams?
    Yes, it's a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    Yes, it's a bad idea.
    I guess TSR guys are really pissed at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omio)
    I guess TSR guys are really pissed at me.
    You are perhaps the worst persistent user I've come across in the Oxbridge forums but that's irrelevant. It's a bad idea to take transcripts with you because you don't need them. The tutors can see how you've performed at school by your reference. If they wanted any more documents, they'd ask for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    You are perhaps the worst persistent user I've come across in the Oxbridge forums but that's irrelevant. It's a bad idea to take transcripts with you because you don't need them. The tutors can see how you've performed at school by your reference. If they wanted any more documents, they'd ask for them.
    Any idea how I get get rid of those 3 red balls on my profile which shows "Omio is infamous around these parts." when I hover my mouse over them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omio)
    Any idea how I get get rid of those 3 red balls on my profile which shows "Omio is infamous around these parts." when I hover my mouse over them?
    You could buy a subscription and change it into one black square. To get green ones you would have to get people to pos rep you, which seems a bit unlikely given this thread and the sentiments of posters.

ReputationRep:
    They will not give a flying poke at a rolling doughnut about your school transcript. The interview is so they can find out what they think of you, not at all about what you did at school.

:sheep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousPenguin)
    You could buy a subscription and change it into one black square. To get green ones you would have to get people to pos rep you, which seems a bit unlikely given this thread and the sentiments of posters.
    Who's giving me these negative reputation points? Now I have "-"285 points. What does it mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousPenguin)
    Who's giving me these negative reputation points? Now I have "-"285 points. What does it mean?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Omio)
    It probably means that people are getting fed up with your threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    It probably means that people are getting fed up with your threads.
    And what do all your green and yellow balls mean? People love you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, people love me so much I have green and yellow balls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derek_the_Sheep)
    I have green and yellow balls.

That is ovine spheroids for you. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derek_the_Sheep)
    Yes, people love me so much I have green and yellow balls.

I'd get down the clinic if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    But.. I'm not a ewe!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.