The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/quality/courseregs/courseregs1011/undergrad/ec/lm1d

You have to choose a maths module and a stats module.

Stats A and Maths A have a lower requirement so will be easier, but you might benefit from pushing yourself.

You only have 3 option choices; the World Economy module, both Industrial Economy modules or a language.

For EPAIS the core module load gives 120 and the expected load is 144-150.
(edited 13 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
tommy5x
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/quality/courseregs/courseregs1011/undergrad/ec/lm1d

You have to choose a maths module and a stats module.

Stats A and Maths A have a lower requirement so will be easier, but you might benefit from pushing yourself.

You only have 3 option choices; the World Economy module, both Industrial Economy modules or a language.

For EPAIS the core module load gives 120 and the expected load is 144-150.

i believe that if youve done a level maths you have to do maths and statistics B, and if you havent you have to take maths and stats A
Reply 3
That sounds sensible, it's just that the course regs don't stipulate so I wasn't sure.
Reply 4
You pretty much have to do Maths and Stats B if you have an A level in maths, if not then you'll do maths A. I did straight econ so World Economy was compulsory, it's a pretty interesting module and very worthwhile if you think you'll major in econ as it give you a good overview of all the significant economic developments in the past millenia (there is a lot to learn though!)- also Nick Crafts lectures 2nd term and he is brilliant :smile: I did the Industrial Economy as my option, as far as I know they've split it into two modules this year. First term was history and theory of major industrializations ie British Industrial Revolution, the American one and recent Asian industrialization (these are also covered in less detail in world econ). The 2nd term was brilliant covering market structure and firm strategy and some classroom games as well (some overlap with micro).

Obviously as an EPAIS student you can draw modules from politics and IS, the Warwick business school (foundations of A+F is a prerequisite for most 2nd/3rd year WBS modules), languages etc. Just search the Warwick website for module descriptions and choose the one you feel would be most interesting or beneficial to future years.

Latest