Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn and fall)
    When people try to defend homersexuals they often use the argument that they had no choice and that you should not discrimate against somebody who was just born the way they are.

That argument to me makes no sense. In my opinion being homersexual is a choice. The reason is natrual selection.

If being homersexual is not a choice it must be part of your genes.

If it is part of your genes then you would pass the gene on to your children. However homersexuals DO NOT have children generally.

How could being homersexual be predefined like the colour of your skin if the 'gay' gene is never passed on.

This leads to the conclusion that being homersexual is a choice because it would not be genetically passed on.
    Not true, it would be passed on in the genes of all his/her brothers and sisters. Genes are complicated things, they can skip generations, you could have a 'gay gene' but it might not be activated.

But i think a large part is hormones, women produce hormones that affect their baby's development, sometimes this can be too much oestrogen or whatever and turn the baby gay.

ReputationRep:
    When people try to defend homersexuals they often use the argument that they had no choice and that you should not discrimate against somebody who was just born the way they are.

That argument to me makes no sense. In my opinion being homersexual is a choice. The reason is natrual selection.

If being homersexual is not a choice it must be part of your genes.

If it is part of your genes then you would pass the gene on to your children. However homersexuals DO NOT have children generally.

How could being homersexual be predefined like the colour of your skin if the 'gay' gene is never passed on.

This leads to the conclusion that being homersexual is a choice because it would not be genetically passed on.

(I have nothing against homersexuals and their lifestyle choice)

Opinions?
    *homosexuals
    Smart argument in my opinion. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    I only find Homer attractive, and I was born this way. Your thread offends me.

ReputationRep:
    If you have older brothers, you are more likely to be gay. Much more likely.

This supports the suggestion that it is caused in the mother's womb.

ReputationRep:
    EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD ARE ALL WRONG.

Homersexuals are created by their excessive ingestion of donuts, Duff® beer and spent Plutonium rods. They are characterised by their lack of hair, waistline of >60" and an inability to resist using the phrase, "mmhm... donuts..." upon sight of the aforementioned product. Dont hate on the Homers. They're people too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Is homersexuality being sexually attracted to The Simpsons?
    damn you i was going to say that ...

ReputationRep:
    How could being homersexual be predefined like the colour of your skin

homersexuality and skin colour belong together, as you can see

ReputationRep:
    People that are still rinsing the 'homer' jokes :lolwut:

Anyway, I agree it's a choice. I look it at it like a nasty fetish. Some guys like to BBW chicks, some like bondage and pain, homosexuality is just like that, but the worst since its with another man.

There is nothing coded in your genes that should make you attracted to the same sex. Your sexual organs are orientated to recieve gratification from the opposite sex.

Which is why you have homosexuals that act feminine or dress up as woman, or become transvestites AND at the same time other homosexuals are attracted to this?? Why not just get a real female? fetish.

Some Lesbians tend to be butch or tomboy-ish. PLUS a great amount use strap-on's for sex?? Why not a get a real penis?? fetish.

Homosexuality is BULLSHlT. It's just because in this modern day and age we've learnt to accept their fetish, which is why there is a large population of homosexuals in comparison to the amount there were in the past.

Meh, who cares, more pusssy for us lads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)

Anyway, I agree it's a choice. I look it at it like a nasty fetish. Some guys like to BBW chicks, some like bondage and pain, homosexuality is just like that, but the worst since its with another man.

There is nothing coded in your genes that should make you attracted to the same sex. Your sexual organs are orientated to recieve gratification from the opposite sex.

Which is why you have homosexuals that act feminine or dress up as woman, or become transvestites AND at the same time other homosexuals are attracted to this?? Why not just get a real female? fetish.

Some Lesbians tend to be butch or tomboy-ish. PLUS a great amount use strap-on's for sex?? Why not a get a real penis?? fetish.

Homosexuality is BULLSHlT. It's just because in this modern day and age we've learnt to accept their fetish, which is why there is a large population of homosexuals in comparison to the amount there were in the past.

Just go away with your retarded and bigoted views.

ReputationRep:
    To top off that brilliant post above (too sexy to edit), I think I'll finish with this point:

The reason I wouldn't even connsider being with aother man, is because what ever you want to do to a man, you can do to a woman and more (vaginal).

Unless you're reciever in which case ouch? I'm sore after a large dump sometimes that would be too much.

ReputationRep:
    Your argument could also be used to prove sterility is a choice

ReputationRep:
    To top off that brilliant post above (too sexy to edit), I think I'll finish with this point:

The reason I wouldn't even connsider being with aother man, is because what ever you want to do to a man, you can do to a woman and more (vaginal).

Unless you're reciever in which case ouch? I'm sore after a large dump sometimes that would be too much.
    Right. No. Why would some people "consider" it, and not others? The reason I wouldn't even consider being with a woman, is because I physically couldn't. I don't find women sexually attractive at all. If you really believe its a choice, you must admit that you have the facilities to choose either way; i.e, you are sexually attracted to males and females but choose to follow your female attractions only?

You don't choose your attractions or fetishes, not that being gay is a fetish. And go read the ******* thread before you post, there's heaps of evidence that prove a biological cause out there.

And just FYI, nobodies ever been able to tell i'm gay before I tell them. I'm ****** 6'5, work out a bit, not feminine at all. My boyfriend is more masculine than me. And we're both more of a real man than you will ever be.

ReputationRep:
    Homersexuality
    Mmmmmmmmm. Donuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dkuni)
    Right. No. Why would some people "consider" it, and not others? The reason I wouldn't even consider being with a woman, is because I physically couldn't. I don't find women sexually attractive at all. If you really believe its a choice, you must admit that you have the facilities to choose either way; i.e, you are sexually attracted to males and females but choose to follow your female attractions only?
    That's stupid, I'm not attracted to guys and just choosing girls instead. I'm physically attracted to women, which would make sense as my sexual organs built to fertilise one.

(Original post by dkuni)
    And we're both more of a real man than you will ever be.
    Not really cause you're gay.

Plus I go gym too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    Not true, it would be passed on in the genes of all his/her brothers and sisters. Genes are complicated things, they can skip generations, you could have a 'gay gene' but it might not be activated.

But i think a large part is hormones, women produce hormones that affect their baby's development, sometimes this can be too much oestrogen or whatever and turn the baby gay.
    Your first argument is true in the short run. In the long run by the law of large numbers the gay gene would be eliminated. Evolution does take a long time.

This completely contradicts the current situation where more people are officially gay than ever before.

Genes must have nothing to do with being gay.

ReputationRep:

I agree with you there.

ReputationRep:
    That's stupid, I'm not attracted to guys and just choosing girls instead.
    So it's not a choice then? Yes, you're right, it is stupid to suggest it is. That's the point. I'm not attracted to girls, i'm attracted to guys. Didn't make a choice, if I could I'd have chosen to be straight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dkuni)
    So it's not a choice then? Yes, you're right, it is stupid to suggest it is. That's the point. I'm not attracted to girls, i'm attracted to guys. Didn't make a choice, if I could I'd have chosen to be straight
    When guy can have babies with other guys by some sort of natural fertilisation without the aid of science then I'll agree with homosexuality being natural.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a homersexual! I really get turned on reading the Odyssey.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Good post.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.