Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just curious since I got free gym membership with my accommodation and will hopefully getting into a regular routine of it! Gotta make use of my perks after all :p:

By the way are there two gyms ? Since on the website they have two different sets of times.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    There's a university gym, and a general gym (which is used for exams).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidanKD)
    Just curious since I got free gym membership with my accommodation and will hopefully getting into a regular routine of it! Gotta make use of my perks after all :p:

By the way are there two gyms ? Since on the website they have two different sets of times.

Thanks!
    Centre Opening Times
    Web Part Menu

Monday-Friday

Saturday
    Sunday
    TERM TIME
    7.30am - 10.00pm 10.00am - 6.00pm 10.00am - 6.00pm
    VACATION TIME
    7.30am - 7.00pm 10.00am - 6.00pm Closed

Starting in the new term (27th September 2010), we will be open until 10pm in the evenings Monday - Friday.

Please check this link for term dates for the University to check for term times.
    Do you mean term time and vacation time? There's just the one gym, upstairs in the recreation centre.

There's another sports hall in the priory SU which can be used for football and some sports teams use it for fitness training too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Do you mean term time and vacation time? There's just the one gym, upstairs in the recreation centre.

There's another sports hall in the priory SU which can be used for football and some sports teams use it for fitness training too.
    Hmm I think that was it Thanks for the reply! I don't think I need to ask about the interior so much...i've only ever used a small gym, so long as it has a treadmill, rowing machine and some weight machines I think I can get by..i dont have many needs and the courts sound nice. Hoping to find some people to have a kickabout with

ReputationRep:
    Sign me up, I love Football.

And for once In my life Ill actually use a gym. Fitness here I come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidanKD)
    Hmm I think that was it Thanks for the reply! I don't think I need to ask about the interior so much...i've only ever used a small gym, so long as it has a treadmill, rowing machine and some weight machines I think I can get by..i dont have many needs and the courts sound nice. Hoping to find some people to have a kickabout with
    The gym has all of the above Yeah its good when you have enough people to have a game, I missed playin footy towards the back end of last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    The gym has all of the above Yeah its good when you have enough people to have a game, I missed playin footy towards the back end of last year.
    Ah thats too bad. I was a stereotyped "nerd" whatever you wna call it for the high school years hah, so understandably i didnt get along with the "cool" ppl who typically played footie. Only recently in the past few years have I came out of that shell and bumped up my social life. I may have sacrificed grades a fair bit (not sure whether to be proud or not) but anyway, if i can find some decent people just to play some footie with for kicks (see what I did there!?) then ill be more than happy

ReputationRep:
    I will play any kind of football game whenever i have spare time. Even if it is 2v2, I will be there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.