Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you react if someone called your girlfriend 'Fit'? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, it's not like he called her a fat dog.

ReputationRep:
    I would think "how dare anyone consider my girlfriend to be good looking?!":mad:

Then I would proceed to deal with the comment writer......

With a strongly worded facebook private message:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Be happy, she is?

ReputationRep:
    i'd get mad and start a fight

really though, i'd only be annoyed if somebody said she was ugly.
    if somebody thinks my non-existent girlfriend is good looking then he has something in common with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    If you get 'annoyed' that another guy calls your girlfriend 'fit', that just shows you are jealous and insecure. You're insecure about other men finding your girlfriend attractive, and not confident that your girlfriend would stay with you, despite other men finding her attractive.

If you show that you're jealous or insecure to a girl, you're likely to lose her.

The truth is, if you are dating an attractive looking girl then of course other men will find her attractive. That is perfectly natural, and I don't think there is anything wrong with a guy expressing this as long as he respects she's with you and doesn't try to steal her away from you in front of you etc.

Of course, if a guy was being a **** then you have every right to call him out on it, but if it is just a sincere compliment, then what right do you have to get annoyed? That doesn't solve anything.

If a guy respectfully complimented any of my girlfriends, I'd not be mad at all, in fact I'd be pleased because it would prove she's attractive. Also, knowing the girl took the compliment but stayed with me would make me feel even better.

So the correct way to respond to a guy complimenting your gf is to not care and not be phased by it (unless he's being a ****).

This

ReputationRep:
    be happy
    and nod in agreement

ReputationRep:
    I'd be like hmmmm, then be like ah but i am bangin her!

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend's capable of dealing with overzealous flirts by herself without me throwing my weight around like an ass if someone is coming on too strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title, someone commented on a photo of your girlfriend calling her 'fit'. Would would you do (if anything)?
    Say "thanks mate", or "Yeah she is".

Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    Be more specific - are they mutual friends, strangers, parents?

If it was a close friend of mine I'd take it as a compliment and laugh about it. Stranger and I'd be annoyed.
    Why would you be annoyed?

ReputationRep:
    "Thanks."

ReputationRep:
    you should be happy!

ReputationRep:
    As the title, someone commented on a photo of your girlfriend calling her 'fit'. Would would you do (if anything)?
    i'd be fine with it....I actually will be proud....nothing wrong with that....

ReputationRep:
    i would slap that mutha to the ground. and possibly dump my girlfriend, the whore.

seriously. unless he was coming onto her in a massive way, just be glad you have a fit girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming she was with me, I would simply turn to her and nod in agreement with the statement.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, he's a douche for using the word 'fit'.

ReputationRep:
    It would boost my ego. Then i'd tell her to boost hers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Why would you be annoyed?
    I've explained myself elsewhere in the thread if you find my post

ReputationRep:
    I would murder his family.

ReputationRep:
    Probably I'd chuckle. That's it.
    I'm not the jealous type.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.