Turn on thread page Beta

My bf doesn't want me to go on the pill watch

He says it will mess with my hormones (but that's the point :rolleyes:) I was looking into the pill/ implant/ injection etc as I don't want to bother with condoms but he doesn't seem to agree... what can I say to persuade him that it's ok?

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you're pregnant.
    Leave it a few weeks.
    Tell him you were joking.
    Yay pill.

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend is the weirdest man I've ever heard of. I was biting at the chomp when my gf suggested it

(Original post by goodmen)
    Your boyfriend is the weirdest man I've ever heard of. I was biting at the chomp when my gf suggested it
    I know! Thought it was odd he doesn't seem keen :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's non of his buisness surely?

ReputationRep:
    My ex didn't want me to cos he said I'd get cancer..

dumped him and went on it.

ReputationRep:
    Do it anyway? It's up to you, not him.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's heard about some of the side effects. e.g. spots, weight gain, mood swings, depression. :dontknow:

It's your decision, not your boyfriend's. He's probably heard the horror stories of girl's having huge mood swings and getting fatter but that's really not the case for everyone. Going on the pill was the best thing for me and I'm still on it 4 years later, having never suffered side effects.
    Is it just the pill he has a problem with or does he only approve of condoms? Maybe there's an underlying reason? x

ReputationRep:
    Eh nothing; it's your body!!

(Original post by goodmen)
    He is worried about either: you losing sex drive (it happens) or him getting premature ejaculation, especially if he doesn't last too long with a condom on.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to get the fudge over it, it's your body, if you want to go on the pill then just do it. :rolleyes:

(Original post by littleshambles)
    Maybe he's heard about some of the side effects. e.g. spots, weight gain, mood swings, depression. :dontknow:
    Maybe, but I want to try anyway to see how it goes. Can always come off them.

(Original post by lolololol)
    Do it anyway? It's up to you, not him.
    (Original post by Tashalls)
    It's non of his buisness surely?
    I know it's more up to me but it does involve him as he doesn't want me to get pregnant either :P

ReputationRep:
    I understand where he is coming from, since my gf (been with her for over 2 years) got implant she became such a moody and horrible person

ReputationRep:
    If you want a long chat about it and my experience you can pm me

ReputationRep:
    well, does your bf want a baby instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drenner)
    I understand where he is coming from, since my gf (been with her for over 2 years) got implant she became such a moody and horrible person
    I seriously doubt that was because of the implant...

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind how it will affect your body and your hormones, I think you should do it! It's sensible, and I don't know why he wouldn't want the extra protection against pregnancy? And of course there are the other positive side effects to consider (can clear up skin etc.)... it's bizarre, I've never heard of a boy against his girlfriend going on the pill before!

ReputationRep:
    boyfriends come and go, it's always going to be your body :/
    just have a chat about it with him, show him the stats etc and try and convince him that it's not all bad?

ReputationRep:
    Well, just say that really it's down to the pill or no sex, pick or choose. It sounds harsh, but I really really wouldn't want to just be having sex with a condom, especially if I knew it was going to be regularly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.