Turn on thread page Beta

My bf doesn't want me to go on the pill watch

ReputationRep:
    Just do it. He's being retarded. No sane man wishes for any woman to be without non condom based contraception.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that it is a good idea to go on the pill. God knows what these contraceptive pills have in them. People are too ready to pop pills without knowing the risks. Plus, there is a chance you'll mess up when taking them and become pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    Tis your body not his.

ReputationRep:
    It's your choice not his...
    If it's something you'd feel better taking than just using condoms then do it.

ReputationRep:
    Turn it around: be unreasonable and refuse to use condoms. If he really doesn't want you to get pregnant, he'll see your side more clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    I think it's really sweet that your boyfriend is so concerned about this. I'm sure there are lots of men who wouldn't give a crap about what their girlfriends did for contraception - as long as she didn't get pregnant. Many others would welcome their girlfriend going on the pill because of potentially better sex, more spontinaeity, not having to fork out for condoms - you get the idea - but not actually give a thought to the side effects, some very serious, that women can experience on the pill. I think it really shows that he cares about you and your welfare rather than just seeing you as, sorry to put it bluntly, a sexual object. If you personally want to go on the pill and your GP gives it all the go ahead, sit down with him, talk about it and reassure him.
    Or he doesn't want her to become a fat *****.

ReputationRep:
    definitely tell him you are pregnant and ask him if he will support you and the baby.
    then see his reaction.
    If it's not good then it's time to find a new boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day it's your body...

ReputationRep:
    Well tough! It's your body, your choice, not his in the slightest. What a thing for him to say- as if he has any say in the matter at all (I don't know, are you giving him a say?).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Use a different form of contraception with either no or few?

The IUD has no hormones whatsoever (the Mirena coil has localised hormones, the IUD has none), and doesn't need to be replaced for years and years - you can just forget about it (though you should check it every so often, but that's nothing really). He shouldn't have a problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd sit down and talk with him, explain that you want to go on because it's much more effective as contraception, also there are great side effects regarding periods for the majority of people.

Also, maybe agree to make it a trial? Like, remind him that if it's having negative effects you can stop taking it straight away and the symptoms will stop very quickly. But for the majority the pill seems to have good effects. I personally don't know a single person who I know that's been on it that has had a bad thing to say about it (apart from one girl who had a weird effect when she changed brands). I have one friend who doesn't want to take it because she doesn't like the whole hormones/artificial idea, but other than that everyone I know loves it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NubbliNubbleton)
    I don't think that it is a good idea to go on the pill. God knows what these contraceptive pills have in them. People are too ready to pop pills without knowing the risks.
    God I know, its not like these pills have been around for what - 50 years!?

(Original post by NubbliNubbleton)
    Plus, there is a chance you'll mess up when taking them and become pregnant.
    That goes for any contraception. Which is why I hate the idea of condoms alone - at least with the pill etc, you have a back-up.

ReputationRep:
    big.ger boobs!

ReputationRep:
    Tell him your boobs will get bigger.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend was like this, but changed his mind after a few weeks of buying condoms lol

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need to persuade him? It's your body, just go on the pill :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Its your body, not his. So do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humidex7)
    My ex didn't want me to cos he said I'd get cancer..

dumped him and went on it.
    DId him a favour lols

ReputationRep:
    it actually causes mental disbalance. you are fcuked up mentally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    God I know, its not like these pills have been around for what - 50 years!?

That goes for any contraception. Which is why I hate the idea of condoms alone - at least with the pill etc, you have a back-up.
    Just cos they have been around a long time doesn't make them safe :yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.