Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Do any of you guys have any tips, examples, links etc to some postgrad personal statements/examples.
    I myself wrote my undergrad one but I'm finding this one a fair bit harder. Any help would be great
    I'm applying for a MSc Stats if thats of any help.

Thanks

James

ReputationRep:
    When I worte my personal statement I didn't use any templates...But I can read urs if you like...

ReputationRep:
    Click here for sample personal statements on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thaiprawns)
    Hi guys,

Do any of you guys have any tips, examples, links etc to some postgrad personal statements/examples.
    I myself wrote my undergrad one but I'm finding this one a fair bit harder. Any help would be great
    I'm applying for a MSc Stats if thats of any help.

Thanks

James
    Though our programmes are unrelated, you can read through a few of the personal statements I used last year by clicking on my profile and scrolling down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    When I worte my personal statement I didn't use any templates...But I can read urs if you like...
    Thanks, I've yet to produce anything good enough thus far(I have done 102 words ).
    But Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uncle Vassilev)
    Click here for sample personal statements on TSR
    Thanks for the link!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    Though our programmes are unrelated, you can read through a few of the personal statements I used last year by clicking on my profile and scrolling down.
    WOW, they're really good! Thanks for sharing
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've been working on mine. The vast majority is about the subject, why I want to do it etc, with a couple of sentences on other things. The websites of the unis you are applying to may have some advice, as each one may be looking for different things.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Each course will almost certainly have different requirements. I didn't start mine until I had a copy of the application form; I then saved each section, and reused them on subsequent forms where appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    They want to have a feel of the person:

- who you are
    - a little bit of your background
    - why you want to study the course
    - why do you think it will benefit you career
    - why the University

There isn't a specific format but bear in mind that they will want to know the points above.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.