Rejected from Bournemouth and accepted Middlesex Watch

This discussion is closed.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey my boss had to do my uni reference because my stupid ex uni were too lazy to get off their collective arses and send of my references despite several emails, phone calls and even a visit from me. My boss hadnt got a clue what I'm like academically but she obviously said something good because i needed too references for this course and they let me in on one. Also I've never been asked to show my certificates so for all they know I didnt go to uni before at all.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey Dani. When did you hear from Bournemouth?
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Apparently yesterday
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Apparently yesterday
Ok - is Journalism part of the media school because I've applied there to do TV Production and I'm dying to hear.
A Grade Student
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
On what grounds do univerities reject anyway? Is it on grades or what? Is it because they get loads people with higher grades than you?
A Grade Student
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
When you get your student bank account, after you graduate it gets converted to a graduate account and you get offered the opportunity to take out a grad loan at a special grad interest rate (still a lot higher than a student loan). Most students when they leave uni have spent all the student loan and either need money to get started eg. a car, or to pay off the overdraft or just to tide them over so they take out a graduate loan. The bank have offered me up to £10,000 but seeing as I am doing a postgrad and will be at uni for another 2 yrs there is no point in taking it out because you have to start paying it back in installments straight away and i cant afford it and i dont want to get that much into debt if I can help it, I'll sell my car before I take out a grad loan.

Heres an example

http://www.lloydstsb.com/loans/graduate_loan.asp

Ah I see. Thanks for explaining.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by A Grade Student)
On what grounds do univerities reject anyway? Is it on grades or what? Is it because they get loads people with higher grades than you?
Could be because they've had people with higher grades, could be that theres something that they dont like about your application, maybe they think your personality wont fit in, could be because they have too many applicants. its a bit of a lottery these days.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
yeah because Bournemouth is quite popular it's extremley over subscribed
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What do you expect when you have only 2 decent A Levels?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
Excuse me?
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
define what is 'decent'

Plenty of people from all A Level backgrounds study media, I cant see that it would have made much difference.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (235)
61.52%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.71%
No- I want it (104)
27.23%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.54%

Watched Threads