Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently started going to this new upmarket bar and there's a gorgeous barmaid. I'm going to ask her out when i go in next after work (I'm in the territorial army while studying, thinking the uniform may help?) :-P

Question is, how do i go about distinguishing myself from all the other guys in the bar. Is there any particular way i should go about it? Is it any different to asking any other girl out?

ReputationRep:
    talk to her and don't ask ****** loserish standard questions.

unless you're a ****** loser, then go nuts, don't expect results though.

ReputationRep:
    UOTC ain't gonna cut it...

ReputationRep:
    don't just leap straight in there, she'll get a million guys doing that. Become a regular, so she recognises you when you come in, but don't become some freaky stalker type who's in every day, some friendly banter, get a rapport going, be genuinely interested in her, then after a few weeks ask her out. She needs to know you actually like her, not just that you like the way she looks, or as you do get to know her, she may be horrible, in which case at least you enjoyed the beer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethers1989)
    (I'm in the territorial army while studying, thinking the uniform may help?) :-P
    I doubt it.

But you may get kudos for doing country service..but wearing the uniform wont help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethers1989)
    Recently started going to this new upmarket bar and there's a gorgeous barmaid. I'm going to ask her out when i go in next after work (I'm in the territorial army while studying, thinking the uniform may help?) :-P

Question is, how do i go about distinguishing myself from all the other guys in the bar. Is there any particular way i should go about it? Is it any different to asking any other girl out?
    show her your weapon

ReputationRep:
    come on man, the student room? really? your either gonna get sarcastic answers or someone who tells you what to do like they know it all when really all they know is 21596423954 cubed.

Find a forum for men is what I say

ReputationRep:
    but as you have asked here, ive got a suggestion, walk up to her confidently and say

"hey, cross dressing ay, whats the big taboo, you look great"

works like a charm my friend

ReputationRep:
    Give her your finest cheeky wink.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.