Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I won't name which Uni I am at, but I'm currently at one in London. I love London as a city, and have been here many times before but being here now just seems like too big of a step for me, and I am not going to settle. I am leaving next week because I want to move back to Devon and go to a Uni which I can commute to.

It's just everything here is different to what I thought it would be and rather than spend a few months here, I'm going to attend open days in Plymouth because I just have everything down there! It's not the work side of things I'm not wanting to do because I do want to make something of my life, so just have a quick question!

Would it be possible for me after I've left this Uni to apply for a January start on a course in Plymouth?

Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You haven't really given uni a fair chance yet. Check your accommodation forms to see what you've agreed to - you've probably agreed to pay for at least this term so might as well stay longer, but may have agreed to pay for the whole year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy23)
    I won't name which Uni I am at, but I'm currently at one in London. I love London as a city, and have been here many times before but being here now just seems like too big of a step for me, and I am not going to settle. I am leaving next week because I want to move back to Devon and go to a Uni which I can commute to.

It's just everything here is different to what I thought it would be and rather than spend a few months here, I'm going to attend open days in Plymouth because I just have everything down there! It's not the work side of things I'm not wanting to do because I do want to make something of my life, so just have a quick question!

Would it be possible for me after I've left this Uni to apply for a January start on a course in Plymouth?

Thanks
    It's far too soon to say that, truly it is. You can't have been there more than a week or two - of course it feels quite like a big step - it's meant to! Most of your fellow students will be feeling exactly the same.

You can apply to Plymouth for a January start through UCAS 2011 if you want to, but you don't have to leave your present uni to do this.

As Juno says, you need to check very carefully about what financial commitments you have made: tuition fees and accommodation costs particularly. Most unis get you to sign up for a year and even they were to find someone to fill your place you can still get charged what you would have paid for that year. You might get let off if you were seriously ill, for example, but not if you just drop out.

ReputationRep:
    I moved to London on my own from a tiny little village, first few days were terrifying but after about a month I really settled down. I'm 24 now and in the six years I've lived there I've probably gone home three times to visit.

For pity's sake, just give it a chance!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously give it a chance - uni is full of third years who felt like you did in the first few weeks, but stuck at it. I'm not saying you should spend 3 years somewhere you hate - that would be awful, but give it a couple of months - you'll never really know what you've missed unless you do.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.