The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Ian80
Hi, does anyone know how/if you can get your uni emails on your phone?

I've set up my phone to receive my hotmail emails, do I have to set up an exchange account for my uni ones?

If so, what are the details?

Here's how to do it on an iPhone - it'll be similar for other devices.

If anyone can get it to work in Thunderbird, let me know - last time I tried it was having none of it.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
That doesn't work anymore or at least for me it hasn't worked for a couple months now.
Reply 3
^,I'm on iphone 3gs firmware 4.0.1 if that makes any difference.
The link above is what I used to receive emails. But seems there's no link to make outlook receive emails.
(edited 13 years ago)
I used the link and it appears to have worked fine, thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Does anyone know how to add the uni outlook email to an android phone? Ive got a Samsung Galaxy S? What do I put for the exhange server name and the domain/user field. Is this correct way to do it i click on exhange account. Ive tried both POP3 and IMAP and none work.

Not everyone cares for the iPhone, would be good if they had a user guide for android and blackberry phones??

thanks for the help.
Haps
Does anyone know how to add the uni outlook email to an android phone? Ive got a Samsung Galaxy S? What do I put for the exhange server name and the domain/user field. Is this correct way to do it i click on exhange account. Ive tried both POP3 and IMAP and none work.

Not everyone cares for the iPhone, would be good if they had a user guide for android and blackberry phones??

thanks for the help.

I have an android phone and used the iphone link above, it still works fine :smile:
Reply 7
Ian80
I have an android phone and used the iphone link above, it still works fine :smile:

Its not working on mine. It says unable to detect. did you put in "owa.nottingham.ac.uk" for the exhange server like in the iphone screenshot? and what do you put for the field Domain\Username it just says my username for mine? my username is ttxh...
Haps
Its not working on mine. It says unable to detect. did you put in "owa.nottingham.ac.uk" for the exhange server like in the iphone screenshot? and what do you put for the field Domain\Username it just says my username for mine? my username is ttxh...

Yeah I put owa.nottingham.ac.uk for server address and ad for domain then my username for the username :smile:
Reply 9
My Android settings (HTC Hero):

1) Go on the "Mail" app
2) Menu Button > More > Add Account > Exchange server
3) email: [email protected]

server address: owa.nottingham.ac.uk

domain: ad
^^^probably the one people are missing^^^^

username & password: same as webmail

tick server requires SSL connection.

Think that should be common across all android phones.
Here are the generic settings for Android devices

Email address: [email protected]
Domain: ad.nottingham.ac.uk
Sever address: http://email.nottingham.ac.uk/
Encryption: SSL
Username: your username
Password: your password

Latest

Trending

Trending