Turn on thread page Beta

scum set mantrap for elderly lady that in the end kills her. watch

ReputationRep:
    Big hard men picking on a frail old lady. And no one has been arrested for any of the tormenting that went on or ,whoever left the manhole cover off. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-set-yobs.html

The liberal left are to blame for this with their constant handwringing and support for the scum like the ones who did this to a vunerable person. What needs to happen is the entire gang need to be taken to a police station ,have the top half of their clothing removed and birched like the old days,their parents forced to watch,to bring it home to them what failures they are as parents . then while bleeding sent to borstal until they are 21. If there hasnt been a major improvement in their behaviour, they should be kept in prison.

I guarantee you, with punishment like that,and more visable police on the street, who aren't hamstrung so they can't give someone a punch in the guts now and again, and these sorts of crimes would be almost unheard of.

The Police and justice system are failing members of the public, repeatedly,which is why in the future I will refuse to condemn any kind of vigliante or northern island paramilitary style attacks ,which I believe will become more common,unless the loonie left are removed from any position of responsibility in this country.

ReputationRep:
    Shocked by the tragedy

But not surprised that the scum of this country is capable of doing something so terrible

ReputationRep:
    It is completely disgusting. To an elderly woman, they were harrassing her for months too before that happened.
    Ugh, in Blackpool too. Typical.

I agree that people that do these horrible things need help, but I don't agree that the help they receive means they should not have an adequate punishment for what they've done.

ReputationRep:
    That is shocking!!

They should be killed with fire.

ReputationRep:
    I have a british friend who lived in London.The stories he told me are sometimes hard to believe.
    This doesn't surprise me at all.

ReputationRep:
    Thats shocking, poor woman RIP. Why have things in this country degenerated so much that yobs can treat other people so digustingly and get away with it?.It makes me so worried for the future of our country.They should be caught and made to pay for their actions, but of course when ( and if) they are caught , the punishment is crap.

This isnt the first time that a group of youngsters have caused the death of an innocent person and sadly I doubt it will be the last either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Big hard men picking on a frail old lady. And no one has been arrested for any of the tormenting that went on or ,whoever left the manhole cover off. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-set-yobs.html

The liberal left are to blame for this with their constant handwringing and support for the scum like the ones who did this to a vunerable person. What needs to happen is the entire gang need to be taken to a police station ,have the top half of their clothing removed and birched like the old days,their parents forced to watch,to bring it home to them what failures they are as parents . then while bleeding sent to borstal until they are 21. If there hasnt been a major improvement in their behaviour, they should be kept in prison.

I guarantee you, with punishment like that,and more visable police on the street, who aren't hamstrung so they can't give someone a punch in the guts now and again, and these sorts of crimes would be almost unheard of.

The Police and justice system are failing members of the public, repeatedly,which is why in the future I will refuse to condemn any kind of vigliante or northern island paramilitary style attacks ,which I believe will become more common,unless the loonie left are removed from any position of responsibility in this country.
    Your generalisation of the entire left-wing is both inaccurate and unwelcome. You're trying to apply New Labour justice (or lack thereof) to the viewpoints of millions of people. I would freely describe myself as left-wing, but my views on justice are not what the Mail-reading public likes to believe are the case. I believe in a sliding scale for crimes with different punishment and rehabilitation actions in different measure for different crimes depending on their severity. First degree murder (and I do believe it should be degree-separated, as does the DPP and most of the CPS) should be life without parole, no rehabilitation; vandalising a bus-stop, however, should involve community service in rebuilding that bus stop and should exact fines covering the cost of replacing that bus stop. It is important to recognise that in many crimes (the most severe like rape or 1st degree murder being excluded) there are victims on both sides; New Labour took this idea too far by excluding the physical victims of crimes, but many young criminals in particular are driven to commit through the failings of society. They need help as much as they need to learn a lesson.

Basically, both the right and the left have elements of justice policy correct IMHO, it would just be nice to see them work together and to stop this stupid rhetoric about the loonie left or the far right. It doesn't help.

Anyway, such callous disregard for life and the rights of others is appalling in this case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Your generalisation of the entire left-wing is both inaccurate and unwelcome. You're trying to apply New Labour justice (or lack thereof) to the viewpoints of millions of people. I would freely describe myself as left-wing, but my views on justice are not what the Mail-reading public likes to believe are the case. I believe in a sliding scale for crimes with different punishment and rehabilitation actions in different measure for different crimes depending on their severity. First degree murder (and I do believe it should be degree-separated, as does the DPP and most of the CPS) should be life without parole, no rehabilitation; vandalising a bus-stop, however, should involve community service in rebuilding that bus stop and should exact fines covering the cost of replacing that bus stop. It is important to recognise that in many crimes (the most severe like rape or 1st degree murder being excluded) there are victims on both sides; New Labour took this idea too far by excluding the physical victims of crimes, but many young criminals in particular are driven to commit through the failings of society. They need help as much as they need to learn a lesson.

Basically, both the right and the left have elements of justice policy correct IMHO, it would just be nice to see them work together and to stop this stupid rhetoric about the loonie left or the far right. It doesn't help.

Anyway, such callous disregard for life and the rights of others is appalling in this case.
    The problem is,while I understand where people with your views come from, unfortunately what you are suggesting will not work for this kind of behaviour.

It looks good to read,but in practice doesn't work. The reason is ,the burden of proof on the Police to actually prosecute those who make the majority of peoples lives a misery is huge.In this case I guarantee ,the old dears neighbours know by sight who was doing it,even by name,who their parents are etc. The Police will also know who was doing it.But none of the neighbours would want to be witness's because they would be worried they or their families would be turned on as 'grasses'. The kids parents far from being ashamed ,would probably go for the 'grasses' as well. You have to remember we are dealing with a minority of people, who cause a disproportionate amount of trouble and cost to their neighbours and the taxpayer.

Also, the manhole cover was removed with malice in mind no one actually pushed her in. They might be vermin,but they are not completely stupid . This also makes it difficult to do anything with them, because amazingly they know basic tenets of the law and what they can get away with.

If the Police manage to get them to court, the punishment will be completely miniscule considering the misery they would have put this old dear and other people through. It would be laughed at by these scum. Because at the end of the day ,it is a series at best of low level crimes which of cours will attract a low level punishment. The punishment will not take into account the impact on the victims, the amount of work the Police needed to do to get them court. The fact their parents almost certainly will not care. Or the cost to the taxpayer of brining a prosecution against them.

This is why our justice system as it stands,is ill equipped to deal with such scum. Many of the legal profession are either senile far too liberal or are so far removed from the streets both the victim and the scum live that they have no understanding of the realities of it. The only thing, the scum respect is fear and pain. And until this is focussed on to deal with such crimes, and the police are no longer hamstrung by the law when dealing with getting these people to court, and the public no longer feel they cannot confront the vermin on our streets or complain to the Police, then these sorts of situations will continue.

To sum up the justice system the law and the people in it are no longer fit for purpose and we need a clear out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    The problem is,while I understand where people with your views come from, unfortunately what you are suggesting will not work for this kind of behaviour.

It looks good to read,but in practice doesn't work. The reason is ,the burden of proof on the Police to actually prosecute those who make the majority of peoples lives a misery is huge.In this case I guarantee ,the old dears neighbours know by sight who was doing it,even by name,who their parents are etc. The Police will also know who was doing it.But none of the neighbours would want to be witness's because they would be worried they or their families would be turned on as 'grasses'. The kids parents far from being ashamed ,would probably go for the 'grasses' as well. You have to remember we are dealing with a minority of people, who cause a disproportionate amount of trouble and cost to their neighbours and the taxpayer.

Also, the manhole cover was removed with malice in mind no one actually pushed her in. They might be vermin,but they are not completely stupid . This also makes it difficult to do anything with them, because amazingly they know basic tenets of the law and what they can get away with.

If the Police manage to get them to court, the punishment will be completely miniscule considering the misery they would have put this old dear and other people through. It would be laughed at by these scum. Because at the end of the day ,it is a series at best of low level crimes which of cours will attract a low level punishment. The punishment will not take into account the impact on the victims, the amount of work the Police needed to do to get them court. The fact their parents almost certainly will not care. Or the cost to the taxpayer of brining a prosecution against them.

This is why our justice system as it stands,is ill equipped to deal with such scum. Many of the legal profession are either senile far too liberal or are so far removed from the streets both the victim and the scum live that they have no understanding of the realities of it. The only thing, the scum respect is fear and pain. And until this is focussed on to deal with such crimes, and the police are no longer hamstrung by the law when dealing with getting these people to court, and the public no longer feel they cannot confront the vermin on our streets or complain to the Police, then these sorts of situations will continue.

To sum up the justice system the law and the people in it are no longer fit for purpose and we need a clear out.

Constructive manslaughter should cover it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.