Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of buying either of these cars, so please help.
    So my question is which one would you guys go for?
    VW EOS 2.0? or the AUDI A4 1.8T Convertible?

Both the cars cost the same, yet the overall expenses are higher for the AUDI than VW.
    I heard it is a bit uncomfortable to drive AUDI A4..
    VW is a very trustful car I know that...
    hmmm.....
    so???

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard, the VW Eos is the better car of the two, but I've never driven either.

Do you mean the 2.0TDi, or 2.0TSi? The diesel's performance (140PS) is acceptable, but it's no performance car, whilst the petrol (210PS) is considerably more lively (if that's what you're after). Both give decent economy given their performance, but obviously the petrol will cost more to run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeWave)
    From what I've heard, the VW Eos is the better car of the two, but I've never driven either.

Do you mean the 2.0TDi, or 2.0TSi? The diesel's performance (140PS) is acceptable, but it's no performance car, whilst the petrol (210PS) is considerably more lively (if that's what you're after). Both give decent economy given their performance, but obviously the petrol will cost more to run.
    2.0TSI...200bhp as far as i remember..
    AUDI 1.8T has a lower bhp...something like 160?

so you would go for VW...thanks

ReputationRep:
    Audi all the way! They are such nice cars to drive, brilliant interiors, and a very good engine.

ReputationRep:
    The Eos is very heavy, due to the folding metal roof. The power per tonne for both cars will be roughly the same. The Audi will be finished better, be worth more when you come to sell it on and be at least on a par to drive.

A4 all the way, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Audi's and VW's share alot of the parts/components/engines..etc.

At the end of the day, the A4 has a more premium/prestige image, both VW's and Audi's are brilliant to drive. However there diesel engines are world class, would always go for one of them, I'm sure the 2.0tdi variant for either the EOS/A4 should have the option of 140hp or 170hp, the 170hp engine is brilliant, drove one of those in a passat...and 50mpg..just my opinion though...diesel is a love or hate thing x

ReputationRep:
    I am in a similar position to you, I'm currently looking to change my Megane CC for an Eos, which I decided was the better car in this class. I have an Audi A4 (2005 model) but it's a saloon. I reckon the VW is just as well made. The other good thing about the VW is it has a folding metal roof, which is better if you're going to use it every day. Both are nice cars, but I've decided when I change my Megane CC in March I'll be having the Eos.

ReputationRep:
    The 1.8t is underpowered for an A4 cab. I'm really in the process within the next week of selling my 2-seater for a 4-seater cab. Merc CLK winning; A4 Cab with 2.0 FSI in my list, but the VW Eos can go fly. It looks crap and normally the people driving it are all women.

If you're going to get from the two: The A4 cab post-06 is the better option, although I'm sure is due to be replaced soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.