Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what everyone weekly budget breakdown for uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    hey just wondering how much people are planning to spend each week and on what (food , travel , socialsing etc) and what there maximum weekly budget is =)

so for i have worked out i will spend around £10 a week for travel , £30 for food and another £50 for clothing and going out , does this sound ok?

ReputationRep:
    £30 for food? YOu having lobster for tea every night?

Wish I had a budget like that though, £50 disposable income a week? treat.

ReputationRep:
    £25 a week, and if im luky maybe £50 a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew1992)
    hey just wondering how much people are planning to spend each week and on what (food , travel , socialsing etc) and what there maximum weekly budget is =)

so for i have worked out i will spend around £10 a week for travel , £30 for food and another £50 for clothing and going out , does this sound ok?
    Well, i havn't even planned myn yet hehe, as i'm living at home im probs gonna just spend it how it goes lol. But are you staying at home? Cos like £50 a week on clothing and going out sounds pretty much? You don't really need to spend that much on clothes. Anyway good luck

ReputationRep:
    around 80-100 depending on how much of my savings i want to put in
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    LSE told me it's on average £1000 a month living in central London :\?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't planned it out exactly but will try to stick to £100 a week. Hopefully it'll be less but knowing me I'll probably spend more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    £30 for food? YOu having lobster for tea every night?

Wish I had a budget like that though, £50 disposable income a week? treat.
    i didnt know £30 a week for food how alot , how much do you plan to spend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berkz)
    Well, i havn't even planned myn yet hehe, as i'm living at home im probs gonna just spend it how it goes lol. But are you staying at home? Cos like £50 a week on clothing and going out sounds pretty much? You don't really need to spend that much on clothes. Anyway good luck
    no im not living at home , and i dont think i would spend that much i was just saying thats how much i could spend if i wanted to , i guess im pretty lucky =)

ReputationRep:
    I dont tend to have a budget - i just try to spend sensibly all the time and allow myself the odd treat - ive never been more than 50 quid into my overdraft =]

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know £30 a week for food how alot , how much do you plan to spend?
    I live with my boyfriend and between us only spend a max of £35 a week on food...

ReputationRep:
    £30 for the whole week saved the whole of last years EMA

ReputationRep:
    £30 Food
    £15 going out
    £0 Travel, just walk you lazy buggers
    £15 miscellaneous you know maintaining contracts for the gym and phone, photocopies that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    LSE told me it's on average £1000 a month living in central London :\?
    Including accommodation surely. No way you would spend £250 a week on living costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Octopus)
    Including accommodation surely. No way you would spend £250 a week on living costs.
    well i know a friend who lives in london who says an orange juice in a nice bar costs £5!!! expenise stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Militantbuthopeful)
    £30 Food
    £15 going out
    £0 Travel, just walk you lazy buggers
    £15 miscellaneous you know maintaining contracts for the gym and phone, photocopies that kind of thing.
    i cant walk 30 miles lol

ReputationRep:

£90 per week!?!?!?!? :eek:
    Bloody hell man, can I go to uni with you?
    I'm gonna try my damned best to stick at under £50 a week. £15 on food. £0 on travel ( I've got legs to get around and I will only go home at Christmas). £15 on nights out (one a week, I'm on a budget here) £10 on misc things like paper or an eraser or washing up liquid or something, £2.50 on my phone (tenner a month, gives me 300 texts).......hmmm what else. I dunno! £42.50??? Working 5 hours a week hopefully which will give me about £30, PLUS the £50 a week from my parents, cos I'm lucky. That makes about £37.50 each week into savings. Boooya.

ReputationRep:
    £250 per week. £250 on nights out. that is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRYPATRICK89)
    £90 per week!?!?!?!? :eek:
    Bloody hell man, can I go to uni with you?
    I'm gonna try my damned best to stick at under £50 a week. £15 on food. £0 on travel ( I've got legs to get around and I will only go home at Christmas). £15 on nights out (one a week, I'm on a budget here) £10 on misc things like paper or an eraser or washing up liquid or something, £2.50 on my phone (tenner a month, gives me 300 texts).......hmmm what else. I dunno! £42.50??? Working 5 hours a week hopefully which will give me about £30, PLUS the £50 a week from my parents, cos I'm lucky. That makes about £37.50 each week into savings. Boooya.
    haha i didnt realise that £90 a week was so much ...

ReputationRep:

£180 for rent and -£80 (yes, negative) for everything else. yea i'm a bit screwed

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.