Turn on thread page Beta

what everyone weekly budget breakdown for uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    hey just wondering how much people are planning to spend each week and on what (food , travel , socialsing etc) and what there maximum weekly budget is =)

so for i have worked out i will spend around £10 a week for travel , £30 for food and another £50 for clothing and going out , does this sound ok?

ReputationRep:
    £30 for food? YOu having lobster for tea every night?

Wish I had a budget like that though, £50 disposable income a week? treat.

ReputationRep:
    £25 a week, and if im luky maybe £50 a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew1992)
    hey just wondering how much people are planning to spend each week and on what (food , travel , socialsing etc) and what there maximum weekly budget is =)

so for i have worked out i will spend around £10 a week for travel , £30 for food and another £50 for clothing and going out , does this sound ok?
    Well, i havn't even planned myn yet hehe, as i'm living at home im probs gonna just spend it how it goes lol. But are you staying at home? Cos like £50 a week on clothing and going out sounds pretty much? You don't really need to spend that much on clothes. Anyway good luck

ReputationRep:
    around 80-100 depending on how much of my savings i want to put in
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    LSE told me it's on average £1000 a month living in central London :\?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't planned it out exactly but will try to stick to £100 a week. Hopefully it'll be less but knowing me I'll probably spend more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    £30 for food? YOu having lobster for tea every night?

Wish I had a budget like that though, £50 disposable income a week? treat.
    i didnt know £30 a week for food how alot , how much do you plan to spend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berkz)
    Well, i havn't even planned myn yet hehe, as i'm living at home im probs gonna just spend it how it goes lol. But are you staying at home? Cos like £50 a week on clothing and going out sounds pretty much? You don't really need to spend that much on clothes. Anyway good luck
    no im not living at home , and i dont think i would spend that much i was just saying thats how much i could spend if i wanted to , i guess im pretty lucky =)

ReputationRep:
    I dont tend to have a budget - i just try to spend sensibly all the time and allow myself the odd treat - ive never been more than 50 quid into my overdraft =]

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know £30 a week for food how alot , how much do you plan to spend?
    I live with my boyfriend and between us only spend a max of £35 a week on food...

ReputationRep:
    £30 for the whole week saved the whole of last years EMA

ReputationRep:
    £30 Food
    £15 going out
    £0 Travel, just walk you lazy buggers
    £15 miscellaneous you know maintaining contracts for the gym and phone, photocopies that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    LSE told me it's on average £1000 a month living in central London :\?
    Including accommodation surely. No way you would spend £250 a week on living costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Octopus)
    Including accommodation surely. No way you would spend £250 a week on living costs.
    well i know a friend who lives in london who says an orange juice in a nice bar costs £5!!! expenise stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Militantbuthopeful)
    £30 Food
    £15 going out
    £0 Travel, just walk you lazy buggers
    £15 miscellaneous you know maintaining contracts for the gym and phone, photocopies that kind of thing.
    i cant walk 30 miles lol

ReputationRep:

£90 per week!?!?!?!? :eek:
    Bloody hell man, can I go to uni with you?
    I'm gonna try my damned best to stick at under £50 a week. £15 on food. £0 on travel ( I've got legs to get around and I will only go home at Christmas). £15 on nights out (one a week, I'm on a budget here) £10 on misc things like paper or an eraser or washing up liquid or something, £2.50 on my phone (tenner a month, gives me 300 texts).......hmmm what else. I dunno! £42.50??? Working 5 hours a week hopefully which will give me about £30, PLUS the £50 a week from my parents, cos I'm lucky. That makes about £37.50 each week into savings. Boooya.

ReputationRep:
    £250 per week. £250 on nights out. that is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRYPATRICK89)
    £90 per week!?!?!?!? :eek:
    Bloody hell man, can I go to uni with you?
    I'm gonna try my damned best to stick at under £50 a week. £15 on food. £0 on travel ( I've got legs to get around and I will only go home at Christmas). £15 on nights out (one a week, I'm on a budget here) £10 on misc things like paper or an eraser or washing up liquid or something, £2.50 on my phone (tenner a month, gives me 300 texts).......hmmm what else. I dunno! £42.50??? Working 5 hours a week hopefully which will give me about £30, PLUS the £50 a week from my parents, cos I'm lucky. That makes about £37.50 each week into savings. Boooya.
    haha i didnt realise that £90 a week was so much ...

ReputationRep:

£180 for rent and -£80 (yes, negative) for everything else. yea i'm a bit screwed

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.