Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    to get my red sticker sorted for my key????

ReputationRep:
    The opening times I have, are only for Monday to Friday. It doesn't say anything about weekends, but I'm guessing they have to be open because everyones moving in this weekend.
    Ring this number and ask them to put you through to them and they'll be able to tell you, unless anyone on here can help.

ReputationRep:
    ooo okie dokie, thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    they just said 9.30am-4pm as just called

ReputationRep:
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    All.. BE PREPARED TO QUEUE!! lol XD

I was at the student centre the other day and had to wait for about 1,5 hour!! and guess what.. it wasn't even a move in date!!!!!

Take something to drink with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    All.. BE PREPARED TO QUEUE!! lol XD

I was at the student centre the other day and had to wait for about 1,5 hour!! and guess what.. it wasn't even a move in date!!!!!

Take something to drink with you!
    100% agree. I was there on Wednesday and the queue was literally out the door, I couldn't believe my eyes.
    We only wanted to sort out my friends I.D card because they've changed the stupid swipe in machines at De Hav.
    Little did we know that we had to go to the I.D office lol:rolleyes:

It's going to be a long day.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! Arghhhh I'm not looking forward to this

ReputationRep:
    What about on Sunday, will it be less hectic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebundia)
    What about on Sunday, will it be less hectic?
    Honestly won't make that much of a difference.. There are still loads of students who move in on Sunday

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to go to the Student Centre when i move in tomorrow, because i got my green sticker.

So, i just need to collect my keys from Butler Hall accom. office, how's the queue going to be for collecting keys?

Queuing is such a pet hate of mine.

Is it just showing them your receipt and collecting your keys, or does the process involve other long drawn out things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Entity)
    I don't need to go to the Student Centre when i move in tomorrow, because i got my green sticker.

So, i just need to collect my keys from Butler Hall accom. office, how's the queue going to be for collecting keys?

Queuing is such a pet hate of mine.

Is it just showing them your receipt and collecting your keys, or does the process involve other long drawn out things?
    I queued for just 4 minutes this morning :woo:

Apart from collecting your keys all you have to do is get your bedding pack. I suppose the time you arrive will determine how long you have to queue.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, i was surprised how quick the key pick up bit was on saturday!, nice and sunny but freezing cold. Less stressy than i had expected it to be anyway

ReputationRep:
    My second year in Halls (don't ask) i queued for 10 seconds, as I was the first person to arrive

Queuing does depend when you arrive, closer to 9 = quicker process, by 11 the queue gets bigger and by 2 you'll have some decent wait, if things haven't changed since when I was there :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.