Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for a placement with Morgan Stanley online and its asking me to upload an "unofficial transcript" but i have no idea what that is - it dosent say on the site. The only thing i can think of is the grade transcripts you can get from your university. - am i right?

plz help :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiguyov)
    Think so.
    yeah thats the only thing i can think off unless someone else has any answers maybe someone who has already applied to MS.

and also does anyone know how i can get my grade transcript? do i ask my personal tutor?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they only want you to upload transcripts if you're from abroad... read the whole page of the section enquiring about uploads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z0mbie)
    I'm pretty sure they only want you to upload transcripts if you're from abroad... read the whole page of the section enquiring about uploads.

i did and it said i need to if im applying within the EMEA and applying for the technology placement

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. I didn't apply to technology, maybe someone else can help you. You could even try something daring and unthinkable and contact HR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z0mbie)
    contact HR
    :gah:

ReputationRep:
    An official transcript is usually stamped/signed via the University. An unofficial transcript is just a list of your module results. You can either type it up yourself or contact your supervisor and ask them to just list module/result etc.

Sometimes your University has the facility to view it online, if so, you can probably just grab a copy from there.

ReputationRep:
    not applicable if applying for s&t on there right?

ReputationRep:
    After submitting my app I got an email saying:

Thank you for your interest in Morgan Stanley and for taking the time to
    complete our on-line application form. Should there be an opportunity for an interview, we will contact you.

Thank you again for applying to Morgan Stanley.
    But I can't see any submitted apps when I log in to my account - is anyone else the same?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else have their CV half cut off on the application when you went to submit?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Gnasher, Jean B, I had the same doubts and emailed MS abt it.. they said an application is not reviewed until u complete the online tests so when u log in u dont see much beside your personal details...regarding the formatting of the CV, original format is retained despite the weird look in the preview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheeky_Monkey_09)
    Hey Gnasher, Jean B, I had the same doubts and emailed MS abt it.. they said an application is not reviewed until u complete the online tests so when u log in u dont see much beside your personal details...regarding the formatting of the CV, original format is retained despite the weird look in the preview
    have the same probblem - when i logged into my account on MS i ccouldent see any applications that i had made, even though i have finished the application and completed the online tests i still cannt see any applications - and its been a week since i completed the tests!!!!!! can i have the email address that you used to contact them?

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. We are all in the same situation. It is normal you can't see your app online. Don't worry, they received your app.

ReputationRep:
    did any of you receive an email after the online test with Morgan Stanley?

ReputationRep:
    Did any1 have telephone interview with MS yet? Had mine 2 days ago and still havent heard back WTF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galatasaray)
    Did any1 have telephone interview with MS yet? Had mine 2 days ago and still havent heard back WTF?

divison? was the interview competency based?

ReputationRep:
    IBD FT - Actually my interviewer just called me now inviting me to the interview, apparently it is going to be 5 interviews 1 on 1 each lasting half hour and since i am have fair amount of experience mine will be more technical than competency

ReputationRep:
    5 interviews back-to-back? Damn! No presentation / group excercise then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euro/Yen)
    5 interviews back-to-back? Damn! No presentation / group excercise then?
    AC invites after

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.