Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of guys who refuse to wear condoms? Watch

My last bf who I'm thankfully not seeing anymore (for other reasons though mainly because he was a liar and assault me once), always refused to wear a condom - even when we started going out.

Before him, I never had any dramas asking a guy to put one on in fact they preferred to so I was wondering what your thoughts are on men who aggressively insist they don't wear one during sex. Thanks.

*bump*

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have sex with them.

ReputationRep:
    They're *********.

The only acceptable situation not to use condoms is when both are monogamous, have had a full STI test since becoming monogamous and either use another form of contraception or want kids. If he doesn't care about himself, so be it, but they are putting their partner in unnecessary risk. That is what makes them *********.

ReputationRep:
    They're idiots, if you have sex with them without a clean STD test and knowing them for a while then you're an idiot too.

ReputationRep:
    just be glad you are rid of him, sounds like an idiot, he deserves whatever he catches

ReputationRep:
    It's ******** - I wouldn't sleep with a guy I wasn't in a serious relationship without a condom, it's purely irresponsible and selfish.
    No way would I do it - no glove, no love, as the phrase goes

(Original post by I Love Dog)
    They're idiots, if you have sex with them without a clean STD test and knowing them for a while then you're an idiot too.
    I asked him if he was tested and he SAID yes, but refused to show me anything b/c he said that I should 'trust him'.

I did and I was lucky after we broke up I went and got tested, everything was clear but I am NEVER doing that again!!! Not until I see test results in front of my own eyes first. I really think this jerk took advantage of me, and guess what he started seeing someone else 3 days after we broke up. Rebound or what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I asked him if he was tested and he SAID yes, but refused to show me anything b/c he said that I should 'trust him'.

I did and I was lucky after we broke up I went and got tested, everything was clear but I am NEVER doing that again!!! Not until I see test results in front of my own eyes first. I really think this jerk took advantage of me, and guess what he started seeing someone else 3 days after we broke up. Rebound or what.
    Yeahhh don't trust anyone about STD test results unless you've known them for a good while. Even then I'd be hesitant to abandon condoms unless I saw some actual results.

Glad you learnt something without catching anything though.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well there is another side to the story, condoms get abit annoying when they start comming off mid session :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be silly, wrap your willy.

It's selfish, irresponsible and plain ******* stupid to not wear a condom for casual sex, or sex with someone whose history you're not sure of. If I was female and they refused to wear a condom then they can jog on and not get any.

(Original post by tommy5x)
    Don't be silly, wrap your willy.

It's selfish, irresponsible and plain ******* stupid to not wear a condom for casual sex, or sex with someone whose history you're not sure of. If I was female and they refused to wear a condom then they can jog on and not get any.
    All well in theory but the bloke I was seeing is a bit older, manipulative, experienced and a cop so it was harder than usual to convince him like I could my ex before him!

Good points tho.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like condoms BUT I would never refuse to wear one. As an adult I'd respect the wishes of whoever I was having sex with.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have sex with someone who refused, end of. I've only had sex without a condom with one man, after we had been in a relationship for a long time and we both knew we were clean. Having sex with a new partner without a condom would be out of the question.

ReputationRep:
    I think I would not have sex with them, regardless

ReputationRep:
    If I don't know them and if I am not certain they are clean I won't sleep with them.

(Original post by Its_Miller_Time)
    If I don't know them and if I am not certain they are clean I won't sleep with them.
    Ok what if they TOLD you that they were clean and for you to trust them?

It's 12 midnight, like you're gonna ask to see results at this hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok what if they TOLD you that they were clean and for you to trust them?

It's 12 midnight, like you're gonna ask to see results at this hour.
    I probably wouldn't trust them. I only really have bareback sex with someone if I actually know them and know them well and if there is a certain degree of trust with them.
    Otherwise I won't do it.

ReputationRep:
    They can wear one, or go without sex altogether.

ReputationRep:
    Only ever had sex without a condom when i know for certain that the person is clean.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.