Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. Two weeks ago I attended a Potential Officers Briefing at the AFCO with about 30 other people. Following the briefing we were informed that we were to be sent away on a "two week cooling off period" in which to think about whether we truly wanted to become army officers before returning for a formal interview. That two weeks has now passed and I'm wondering whether I am expected to make contact with the AFCO again to arrange the interview, or whether I will be contaced by them. I'm inclined to think the latter, as I'm already 'in the system' so to speak, and the cooling off period is defined by them rather than myself. However, I would like to be sure and not miss my chance.

Thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you try and contact them and see.... :confused:

Tbh i dont think you are officer material from what you wrote, as you seem you cant make decisions for yourself.. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Why sign away your life like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-friends)
    I could ask why you decide to not eat non-halal meat etc. It's a life choice which comes with some setbacks, but you believe it wil bring just rewards in time.

ReputationRep:
    cheap food, cheap accommodation, paid to travel the world, meet new, interesting people and shoot them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    I could ask why you decide to not eat non-halal meat etc. It's a life choice which comes with some setbacks, but you believe it wil bring just rewards in time.
    How do you know I decide not to eat non-halal meat. And why would you think I believe it will bring me rewards.
    You should know exactly who you're fighting for and why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    cheap food, cheap accommodation, paid to travel the world, meet new, interesting people and shoot them...

I'm convinced! Paid to travel the world is fine. The rest are crap reasons. The shooting and killing people justifies it.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know I decide not to eat non-halal meat. And why would you think I believe it will bring me rewards.
    You should know exactly who you're fighting for and why.
    Not you personally, "one".

I was getting at the question of why does anyone dedicate their life to anything?

I just picked a random example of choosing to eat only halal meat:

Some people just don't understand why on earth one would want to do that and what benefit it could possibly have to deprive yourself of certain things.

ReputationRep:
    I'm convinced! Paid to travel the world is fine. The rest are crap reasons. The shooting and killing people justifies it.
    What are you doing in the careers section if you're just going to criticise people's career choices and sprout crap like this? Run along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    What are you doing in the careers section if you're just going to criticise people's career choices and sprout crap like this? Run along.
    Came across it and commented because I wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    Not you personally, "one".

I was getting at the question of why does anyone dedicate their life to anything?

I just picked a random example of choosing to eat only halal meat:

Some people just don't understand why on earth one would want to do that and what benefit it could possibly have to deprive yourself of certain things.
    I wouldn't deprive myself of anything. But good luck anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    Ring them, what's the worst that can happen: they tell you to wait and they'll get in touch with you.

Maybe it's a test and you not calling means you failed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.