Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK, so I just moved to Oslo and if you didn't know, it rains a lot here. Also, soon it will start to snow.

I am keen to have a smart business image for work, but I have to commute (tube) so I need a few key capsule pieces that are smart but practical.

The main things I need are:
    • a warm coat
    • some smart boots (preferably ankle as I have big calves)
    • some nice dresses
    • a couple of smart skirts and some good trousers
    • jumpers/cardigans

Any suggestions or outfit inspirations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a UK size 14 with larger than average boobs, and am willing to spend above average as these will be things I'll wear a lot.

I have access to H&M and Zara so I welcome suggestions from those shops in particular!

ReputationRep:
    I like your avatar. Why you moving to Oslo? I can't help with your question, but I am feeling rather nosy!

ReputationRep:
    zara do loads of really nice smart clothes! go into the shop and just try everything on! vola

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NubbliNubbleton)
    I like your avatar. Why you moving to Oslo? I can't help with your question, but I am feeling rather nosy!
    My boyfriend lives here!

ReputationRep:
    Have you had a look on asos.com? They ship (6-11days) to your neck of the woods for 7€ or express it for 14€ apparently.

Here is their 'Work Wardrobe' link - http://www.asos.com/Women/Work-Wardr...ize=-1&sort=-1

I'm on the Zara website now, I clicked Norge hoping that it means Norway hahaha. I have no idea about the currency conversion but it seems blummin' expensive!

As you want some key pieces, I'd get them quite plain and classic. Personally, I'd probably go for a black or beige coat and similar for the boots. But go wilder on the rest.

I love loads of the coats!!! - http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...Trench%2Bcoats

ReputationRep:
    http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...ECKED%2BLINING

That's apparently a raincoat so might hold up better in the bad weather than some of the other coats?

ReputationRep:
    Thin polo neck jumpers with pinafore dresses over them with thick tights and boots - cute yet smart, and keep you warm and cosy!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestions so far! I really like the idea of the pinafore dress! And great news that ASOS ships to Norway

ReputationRep:
    OK, so I popped into Zara yesterday and picked up this blazer:

What would you wear this with?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.