Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I've just ordered my Law books from Amazon. I was wondering how they deliver parcels to your halls? I'm in Roeburn. I assume they just buzz you and you come down and collect them, but what if nobody is in?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the postman really, I had mixed responses.
    Some buzzed and if no one answered they try to squeeze it in your post box (leaving it sticking out so anyone could take it) or some just plonked it on top of the boxes and others stuck a delivery note in your box and you had to collect it.

To be fair when it was put on top of the boxes I never lost my post, sometimes someone saw it and brought it up for me.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about Roeburn, here at iQ Kopa you get a red slip of paper telling you that you have a package through your door. You then have to go down to the office to collect it which can be a bit of a pain for me because they close early on Thursdays which is when I get most of my packages (new game releases, ahah.)

ReputationRep:
    Argh, the parcel delivery for Roeburn is baaaad. My mum was sending a package of stuff I'd forgotten in the first week, and I knew when it was going to come, so I got up early and waited for the doorbell to ring.. it got to 12pm and it still hadn't come so I went downstairs to check the postbox. Turns out they hadn't even bothered to ring the doorbell and had just put a red slip in the box. What annoyed me was that I'd been up and waiting at the time the postman came. Means I had to go down to the Royal Mail office past the train station during my lunch. In the rain. Not amuseddd.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Central Lancashire (UCLan)
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 7 Oct '18
  2. Central Lancashire (UCLan)
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 10 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.