Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone actually managed to complete their GTTR Application? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone applying for PGCE 2011 has actually managed to complete their application yet?

The problem with the 2011 results date is still an issue which is holding me back and I was wondering if anyone has managed to get around it yet.

Also, will institutions know of the problem?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why people don#t wait a few days till they have fixed the glitches, a few days wont make any difference.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I am panicking a little is that my first choice instititution told me explicitly that the first day is crucial in getting my application to them. If I am waiting a few days, then I havnt met this.

ReputationRep:
    really, which uni is this? Seems a bit of a strange request.

ReputationRep:
    It says on the website that gttr wont be sending off any forms until 5/10/10 so i wouldnt worry yet. the form has a few glitches on it which is anoying!

ReputationRep:
    I've not been able to complete my form yet. Everything is done except the education page. It won't save my qualifications. I put them in, press save and then nothing happens. It has been the same since last night. I don't know how to put it right...

I just hope it is a glitch that will be fixed soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also having glitches with the education page. Also apparently the ranking thing with Choices isn't working properly so it doesnt register on their system what order things are in when you send off for some reason. They said it will all be fixed by Monday.

I am hoping to send mine off on Wednesday time. Still am having a few issues with finishing the PS.
    No rush really, seeing as it doesnt open til the 5th at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not rushing with it anymore with the 5th being send off date. I just feel sorry for the receiving universities as they will get thousands of applicants on the same day!

I was told by my university on Friday that nothing may be done with the applications until December due to a spending review by the government that won't be complete until December. She told me that they can't offer any places until they know these details and so may take ages to find anything out.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masamune1989)
    Yeah I'm not rushing with it anymore with the 5th being send off date. I just feel sorry for the receiving universities as they will get thousands of applicants on the same day!

I was told by my university on Friday that nothing may be done with the applications until December due to a spending review by the government that won't be complete until December. She told me that they can't offer any places until they know these details and so may take ages to find anything out.

Good luck everyone!
    Eeeckk. Aren't we lucky this year!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by masamune1989)

Good luck everyone!
    The spending review concludes on 20th October. It may take a few days after that for the dust to settle.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having problems with the 'Time Spent' bit. Does anyone know how to work it out?

The form is stressing me out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    The spending review concludes on 20th October. It may take a few days after that for the dust to settle.
    Do you think no one will be offered an interview until the universities are aware of the spending pledges? Could some courses be withdrawn due to spending restraints?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by orangeboy)
    Do you think no one will be offered an interview until the universities are aware of the spending pledges? Could some courses be withdrawn due to spending restraints?
    I don't see any reason why they couldn't start interviewing now. They don't have to make any offers. If some PGCE courses are scrapped (and they are likely to be), the providers will be given some notice, it won't take immediate effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I don't see any reason why they couldn't start interviewing now. They don't have to make any offers. If some PGCE courses are scrapped (and they are likely to be), the providers will be given some notice, it won't take immediate effect.
    I'm hoping to apply for citizenship and social science PGCEs.
    I'm very worried due to the courses I want to apply for are probably most likely to be hit by the cuts. I'm doing work experience in a school this next week and I'm on the dole (can not stand it!), but feel like I need to be free so I can do my 4 full weeks of work experience. Plus all the work I have done in fine tuning my statement. It might all be for nothing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm hoping to apply for citizenship and social science PGCEs.
    I'm very worried due to the courses I want to apply for are probably most likely to be hit by the cuts. I'm doing work experience in a school this next week and I'm on the dole (can not stand it!), but feel like I need to be free so I can do my 4 full weeks of work experience. Plus all the work I have done in fine tuning my statement. It might all be for nothing.
    You are right that your subject might be a target. Michael Gove is reviewing the whole national curriculum and may well make citizenship non-statutory at KS3 and KS4 or scrap it altogether (he considers it too New Labour). Sorry if that is bad news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    You are right that your subject might be a target. Michael Gove is reviewing the whole national curriculum and may well make citizenship non-statutory at KS3 and KS4 or scrap it altogether (he considers it too New Labour). Sorry if that is bad news.
    If he does scrap it then it is a complete contradiction of the so called 'big society' in my opinion. However, I accept places have to be cut to get the deficit under control but it is very difficult having to wait to see if the course is going to be funded at all. Surely the institutions would of been told by the government that the courses would be discontinued so do not post them on GTTR?

When are we expected to see what the new national curriculum is? I read somewhere that ICT might be under threat too.

Sorry about all these questions, but thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, wait a second, MMU emailed me the other day and stated PGCE in diploma in health and development would be discontinued but didn't say anything about PGCE social sciences with citizenship other than apply early because it is ultra competitive, so I could probably assume this will still be available.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If he does scrap it then it is a complete contradiction of the so called 'big society in my opinion. However, I accept places have to be cut to get the deficit under control but it is very difficult having to wait to see if the course is going to be funded at all. Surely the institutions would of been told by the government that the courses would be discontinued so do not post them on GTTR?

When are we expected to see what the new national curriculum is? I read somewhere that ICT might be under threat too.

Sorry about all these questions, but thanks for your help.
    I really don't think any courses will go this year, so it probably will affect September 2012 entry.

The Government have not even started to decide what form the new National Curriculum will take so it could be a while. You might find it is virtually abolished and replaced with a few token Mission Statements that can be interpreted however a Headteacher chooses.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh, wait a second, MMU emailed me the other day and stated PGCE in diploma in health and development would be discontinued but didn't say anything about PGCE social sciences with citizenship other than apply early because it is ultra competitive, so I could probably assume this will still be available.
    Ooh that is interesting news for me. My school offers the Society, Health and Development Diploma and we were wondering if the additional funding it attracts will end next year. My bet is that it will now so I will have it removed from the Year 9 Options booklet if that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    The Government have not even started to decide what form the new National Curriculum will take so it could be a while. You might find it is virtually abolished and replaced with a few token Mission Statements that can be interpreted however a Headteacher chooses.
    The high school I will be visiting for a week starting tomorrow has stated it will make Citizenship compulsory in its own right after its been rebuilt as a free school academy in 2011. My feel is that if Gove is to reshape the curriculum, he will probably cease making citizenship compulsory but not abolish it completely - leaving it down to the school to decide.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.