Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    YAY! I've finally completed the form! Just waiting on references now. I'm so excited!

ReputationRep:
    GRRR so I switched them around and then I got this email from my original choice referee;

"Thanks for this.

I did your reference for gttr a while back; they should have it by now.

If you don't mind, [other tutor name removed] is going to do the PGCE reference, partly because he is much better at then than I am, and partly because I have been off sick, which means I am terribly behind schedule.

I do hope this is okay with you."

So what is she saying exactly, she did it and they should have it, but if I don't mind another tutor is GOING TO DO IT. Is it done or not?!!! grr! At this rate I won't get onto a pgce EVER!!

ReputationRep:
    Is there still problems with the payments? It says ???paysend.failedexceeded??? when I got on it :s

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, has anyone else had problems entering double award science?

With my double award it told me I didn't meet the requirements which is a joke because my grades are higher than they want. But when I change it to a single grade, it works! So is it fine to leave it with a single grade, or do I need to ring up GTTR tomorrow?

Also, when it comes to English Lang and Lit, how have people listed them?

I put my grade for English Lang on the English GCSE bit, and then added my Lit grade under the other GCSE section. Is that fine?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I forgot to ask. When you have to say about criminal convictions - I have none - it says to tick the box if you have any unspent or spent convictions. I left this unticked, clicked next and it comes up with "criminal conviction: not declared". So is this fine, or is this another glitch? As surely I've declared that I have no convictions... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think the not declared bit means that you haven't declared any convictions because you don't have any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeW975)
    Oh, and I forgot to ask. When you have to say about criminal convictions - I have none - it says to tick the box if you have any unspent or spent convictions. I left this unticked, clicked next and it comes up with "criminal conviction: not declared". So is this fine, or is this another glitch? As surely I've declared that I have no convictions... :confused:
    I had the same query, but asked when I was phoning about other issues. It means you dont hve any, so dont worry! Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Got my app all sent off and my former uni tutor has already confirmed he'll provide a reference (got the email... three times lol). So fingers crossed this time next year - pending successful interviews/outcome of this app - I'll be at Manchester doing my PGCE

And good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeW975)
    Out of interest, has anyone else had problems entering double award science?

With my double award it told me I didn't meet the requirements which is a joke because my grades are higher than they want. But when I change it to a single grade, it works! So is it fine to leave it with a single grade, or do I need to ring up GTTR tomorrow?

Also, when it comes to English Lang and Lit, how have people listed them?

I put my grade for English Lang on the English GCSE bit, and then added my Lit grade under the other GCSE section. Is that fine?

Thanks
    I had the same problem so just left it as single award science ... most people do double award so they must notice that noone has put it down! I did the same as you with English, it's lang that they specify (as that's the GCSE everyone has to do not lit).

ReputationRep:
    another day, still no reference provided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    I feel for you.

My referee took ages to do mine and it was so so frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel-88)
    I had the same problem so just left it as single award science ... most people do double award so they must notice that noone has put it down! I did the same as you with English, it's lang that they specify (as that's the GCSE everyone has to do not lit).
    I ended up putting science as a single award and then adding another science grade in the other part for GCSEs. I've been offered an interview so I suppose the Unis know that there were loads of problems with the form and wont hold it against us!

ReputationRep:
    I emailed my referee after hearing nothing for two weeks, and he said he had been told that he had until the end of November. I told him I wanted to get it done asap and he did it the next day. It might be worth your while to email your referee and asking them if they wouldn't mind doing it sooner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    I emailed my referee after hearing nothing for two weeks, and he said he had been told that he had until the end of November. I told him I wanted to get it done asap and he did it the next day. It might be worth your while to email your referee and asking them if they wouldn't mind doing it sooner.
    yeah I may have to contact them again.

I'm confused she said she's done it and gttr should have it but do I mind if another tutor does it?! how can gttr have it if it's not been done *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    after a month of waiting finally got my reference and application sent off! Hope Manchester don't take too long...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willow162)
    after a month of waiting finally got my reference and application sent off! Hope Manchester don't take too long...
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck!
    thanks. Hope you get yours sorted soon too! x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat it's hard to try and write a polite "please hurry up!" email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pansypotter)
    I'm in the same boat it's hard to try and write a polite "please hurry up!" email.

Yeah, I want them to hurry up but not be rude about it so they either decide not to do it or don't do it as well :hug:
    Good luck, hope you get yours sorted soon! Out of interest, which pgce courses are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm hopefully sending my application off today....just a bit gutted because I can only apply to 2 places, wanted to do Man Uni, Man met, Chester and Wolverhampton but will just have to hope one of the Manchester uni's offer something....wheres everyone else applying?xx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.