Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone actually managed to complete their GTTR Application? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If I miss the deadline then yes I have a right to feel let down by someone who has a made a commitment to me; this has no bearing on whether or not I am grateful towards my referee in general, and I resent the implication.

ReputationRep:
    Look, I understand why you were annoyed by his actions, but your post seemed to be slightly harsh on someone who is essentially helping you out.

ReputationRep:
    hardly, all I did was claim he was "keeping me on tenterhooks"... I don't really need all your patronising tellings off thanks

ReputationRep:
    you claimed it was "his job", which was where the problem arose, if you remember.

*Anyway, we needn't drag this out any longer, I apologise for my tone.

ReputationRep:
    Universities are under no legal obligation to supply references, but most have a policy of providing personal (non-academic) tutors who are responsible for pastoral care and supporting the personal development of each student assigned to them. Writing references is generally incorporated into this role and they’d have to come up with a pretty good reason to the head of their department/dean of students as to why they were not prepared to comment on a particular student's performance.

But irregardless, I think what Apron is trying to say is that if a person has made a commitment to be your referee - even if it's only as a favour - and then defaults on that position, then it ceases to be a favour and becomes a huge liability. It threatens to mess up your future!
    Honour your commitments people!

ReputationRep:
    to retread old ground, I understood what she was saying, however the tutor had not defaulted on his position, was simply taking his time/procrastinating.

And irregardless is not a word, think about it!

ReputationRep:
    Well if I don’t get “harsh” on the 29/30th November then when can I? It would be too late to do anything about it if I waited any longer!

Anyway, I finally got my reference yesterday and got it sent off with hours to spare, so all is well. Now to play the waiting game!
    Off to enjoy the snow

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, I guess I was lucky that my tutor was so prompt about mine. Good luck with your application! I didn't feel that relieved getting mine in, guess that will only come with the confirmations/rejections.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very worried my application hasn't been accepted and now it's too late. My referee submitted the reference today and I received the email from GTTR to confirm this. I went on to the website at approx 16:25 and put in my bank card details to pay. As I was being taken to my bank's website to confirm my ID I got some of error message saying the transfer could not be done (I don't know what the problem was). At this point I decided to leave payment until later as I was at work and about to walk into a class I was due to teach (I'm an EFL teacher in Spain).

When I go on to the GTTR website now I can't use the pay/send link. It's faded out and marked complete, like all the other links. This looks to me as though the application is complete but I haven't received any kind of confirmation email and the money isn't showing as going out of my bank account either, so I can only assume I haven't made the payment and haven't submitted my application. But I can't do anything about it!

I'm very worried.

ReputationRep:
    email GTTR asap.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.