Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did - I just put 2 grades to show it was double science. Not sure if that's right though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willow162)
    In the education section it wouldn't let me leave the science box empty, I tried to as I don't have gcse 'science' I did bio, chem and phys separately. I'm going to remove bio, chem and phys from the gcses section and just put 3 grades as my result in the science qualification section, is that what others have done for double/triple science gcse?
    Yeah, I did double award with AQA... I got through to GTTR on the phone today and the lady said to select 'other' and enter it that way.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The form still isn't saving my qualifications. It is starting to upset me now. It has been over a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    The form still isn't saving my qualifications. It is starting to upset me now. It has been over a week.
    Me too. It's genuinely making me grind my teeth.

ReputationRep:
    I put "other" in too and entered my double award in science and of course in English for lang/lit. The problem then was that it told me I didn´t reach the requirement for the course so I put it back to one grade. I´ve requested a reference now so I suppose I might have to ring GTTR and spend loads more money to ask if they can change it. Let´s be honest, this is a bit of a joke.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to be able to put my GCSEs in! It won't save them That's all I have to do now, and then I'll be finished. Think I'll try phoning again tomorrow. This is bloody ridiculous...

Didn't they road test the site a few times before rolling it out?! If they could just be open with us and say when exactly they're fixing it, and when we can expect it all to be running totally smoothly then we could all just relax and stop logging in every hour to see if it works yet!

ReputationRep:
    It says put the highest grade at the top in science qualification. Then I added Ext. Science separately below.

ReputationRep:
    Because of all these glitches, can we not request our reference until they have been fixed and we have been able to fully complete the form with no problems?

If so, those who have been able to finish it and send for a reference will have a head start because their form will be sent off staright away on the 5th, where as we won't be able to actually send for a reference until the 5th so then we'll have to wait for them to give us our reference before actually being able to pay and send it! I think it's a really unfair system.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same double award problem. I just changed it to a single grade and figured my application isn't exactly likely to be judged on whether I got a B or a BB at GCSE so I'm just going to leave it that way.

You can only request the reference once the whole form is filled out, yeah. The problem I was having (the notorious graduating-in-2011 issue) has been fixed though, so it's worth checking.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone should be able to request references now that the glitches have all been solved. I called up today to see if the fact my choices had come up in the wrong order mattered but GTTR say that doest matter aslong as you entered them correctly in the first place. As for the advantage of sending it off early...it has now been moved to the 11th Oct before they send any apps off!

ReputationRep:
    UCAS have really embarrassed themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanBrook)
    Everyone should be able to request references now that the glitches have all been solved. I called up today to see if the fact my choices had come up in the wrong order mattered but GTTR say that doest matter aslong as you entered them correctly in the first place. As for the advantage of sending it off early...it has now been moved to the 11th Oct before they send any apps off!
    No they haven't!

(Original post by sirwhale28)
    UCAS have really embarrassed themselves
    It's just so ridiculous. I hope they really are doing everything they can to fix it, i.e. they don't just have Neil and Bob from IT fiddling around with it in between CoD sessions and tea breaks.

I still can't input my GCSE's, when I spoke to the lady this morning she said that it's an intermittent issue which is making it hard to fix- as not everyone has the problem, they can't just apply the solution across the board.
    Really happy to see that they've pushed the date back though!

ReputationRep:
    ive completed it all and got my references sorted, but still have to sit back and wait until the 11th to send it off, im so pleased i filled out everything except my references and personal statement the thursday it all came up, looks like you guys are not having very much fun with all the problems. hope its sorted soon, cant believe they had all these problems!

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you. I'm still having the same problems. The fact that they have postponed the date has been a relief though.

Their last email response said that the qualifications/education area was their main priority, but as far as I know no one is having issues with any other section, are they? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm just struggling with the education area.

ReputationRep:
    Just that area or me too. I spoke to GTTR yesterday and try said they'd have it resolved "very soon" and it was an intermittent issue - suggested trying different PCs and browsers. None of which have made any difference. At all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they previously told me that Google Chrome is having particular issues, but using IE hasn't helped me. In the end the lady just said to keep on trying and it will eventually work! Ah well. Maybe they're testing our resilience; "just how much do you want to apply for teacher training?"

ReputationRep:
    I used Firefox with my application and I don't seem to be having half the problems you guys do.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daleabutler82)
    I used Firefox with my application and I don't seem to be having half the problems you guys do.

Hope that helps.
    Thank you... unfortunately it didn't work for me but hopefully this'll be the solution some of the others needed!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.