Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just waiting on my reference now! How frustrating! Is anybody else REALLY REALLY nervous?

ReputationRep:
    Nerves haven't set in for me yet... I'm still in the midsts of frustration at trying to finish the form! But I'm sure once it all gets sent off I'll have a few butterflies!

ReputationRep:
    It's the same with me. Still waiting for the website to be working properly . I suppose I'll be relieved rather than nervous once it's all checked and sent off.

ReputationRep:
    I applied last year too, and they have totally changed around the online application form. Last year it was very user friendly and easy to complete and understand. This year it is nothing short of a farce, espicially seeing as we have to pay for this useless service.

ReputationRep:
    we had to pay last year aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSI_HIRO)
    we had to pay last year aswell
    But last year you didn't have at least 3 weeks of glitches preventing you from completing and sending off your application, and a helpline that is sometimes so busy they can't even put you in the queue...

ReputationRep:
    I've almost finished completing the form, although I don't have a list of modules i took at uni. Do i need to fill out this section.

Also is anyone else concerned about what bursarys we get or top up fees we might have to pay next year in the spending review?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i am pretty concerned about that but i want to do a 'in demand' subject (Chemistry). I think it may hit primary school applicants more but i am completely uneducated in this! Suppose we will just have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    Still can't complete my application because of the education section. It is so frustrating as I filled in everything else back on Sept 24th and have been waiting... And waiting...

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel. I had been waiting all summer for the GTTR to open, and I still can't request my references because of the education part. I hope that they put on a working version during the server maintenance they announced. Has anyone recently spoken to them about this?

ReputationRep:
    I see the essential repairs from 6am-8am this morning have made bo difference whatsoever.

How will this be fair when some people are done with references back, ready to go on Monday, while the rest of us canteen send out a reference request let alone get it back in time to be on a level playing field?!

ReputationRep:
    I think they mean 6pm-8pm. It doesn't say specifically, but I was able to log in this morning, and it says that the apply service will not be available during maintenance time.

As for the date they will start sending off applications, I suppose they will postpone it again until everyone is ready to go.

ReputationRep:
    OMG :eek: I have the greatest news for everyone who has the same problem like me (i.e. when you check the form it says that you do not meet the English and maths qualifications). They have changed the qualifications from which to choose (which you can only see if you try to re-enter your GCSE equivalents). Now it works and I was finally able to request my reference :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobi)
    OMG :eek: I have the greatest news for everyone who has the same problem like me (i.e. when you check the form it says that you do not meet the English and maths qualifications). They have changed the qualifications from which to choose (which you can only see if you try to re-enter your GCSE equivalents). Now it works and I was finally able to request my reference :woo:
    I just got excited... then disappointed. The form is still not saving my qualifications when I enter them. You click to put them in, press save and then nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Sry

Have you tried different browsers yet? Using IE rather than Mozilla or Opera seems to work for some people

ReputationRep:
    I applied last year too and as im Irish i found the Education Section impossible as it didn't have any room for those of us who didnt do GCSE's or A-level's. So this year when i saw they had changed the system to accomodate this i was delighted.......until this nonsense started. Iv had my form filled out since 24th Sept and because the system wont recognise my Science qualifications i cant go any further!!! Its so frustrating as i know my grade is sufficent ( i got to interview stage in Edgehill last year on the same results!!! i also rang just to double check !! )
    Kaiser_7.....im with you here....they mess us around like this and then expect us to pay for it?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I just got excited... then disappointed. The form is still not saving my qualifications when I enter them. You click to put them in, press save and then nothing.
    I've been having the same problem
    (Original post by cobi)
    Have you tried different browsers yet? Using IE rather than Mozilla or Opera seems to work for some people
    I've tried on IE, Chrome and firefox and still no go.
    This sucks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I called the GTTR this morning and spoke to someone really helpful took down my personal ID number and my exact issues and emailed them to the right team - and this pm my issues were fixed and I was finally able to send off for my reference. I'd advise anyone to try the same!

ReputationRep:
    I've been to get through on the phone for the past three hours

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who is struggling with saving their Education details etc, I had this same problem and i've seemed to sort it. Near the top right hand corner of the application form there should be a padlock, and next to that an icon that looks like a bit of paper shredded in half. If you click on that it changes the webpage to "compatibility view" which then allows you to save as you go. I'm using Internet Explorer. Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.