Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone actually managed to complete their GTTR Application? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiser_7)
    For anyone who is struggling with saving their Education details etc, I had this same problem and i've seemed to sort it. Near the top right hand corner of the application form there should be a padlock, and next to that an icon that looks like a bit of paper shredded in half. If you click on that it changes the webpage to "compatibility view" which then allows you to save as you go. I'm using Internet Explorer. Hope this helps.
    I tried it but it doesn't seem to work. I don't mean to sound stupid, but can you talk me through it exactly? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    I tried it but it doesn't seem to work.
    Ditto... Sadly.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this Education problem get sorted shortly. If it continues it will put early birds at a disadvantage

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Finally, done I've been on the helpline a total of 3 times today :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, looks like the education section is rolling for me again! If it's still not working for some people, what I did was phone up this morning and tell the lady what the issue was. She tried a couple of fixes but they didn't work, so she took my ID number, passed it on to the techies and said that it'll be fixed asap. And now it is so it's worth a try.

ETA:
    FINALLY FINISHED THE FORM. Sent off to referee (I hope, not sure why the 'send to referee' button is still there). I feel like I need some sort of celebration. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I just called the helpline only to be cut off. They should have more people answering calls considering all the problems there are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    I hope, not sure why the 'send to referee' button is still there
    I rang up with this same problem. I got told it will just stay there. It's incase you want to send another request. If you click it again your referee will get another email with other login details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perplexingly_Jaded)
    I rang up with this same problem. I got told it will just stay there. It's incase you want to send another request. If you click it again your referee will get another email with other login details.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It seems like it's finally working for most people although it's still unfair if they start sending out applications on Monday as some people might not get their references in time. I'm anxiously waiting for my referee to at least acknowledge in some way that he has received my email and will provide my reference in time. It's still summer break over here, and I'm afraid he is on holiday or doesn't check his emails regularly. Well, I suppose I'll just have to wait and keep my fingers crossed for me and everyone else :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of the lucky few that have managed to complete their application and get a reference however the pay / send link is still not activated. Am I right in thinking that this won't become active until the 11th or do I also need to wait on the phone to Customer Services for hours? I already tried to call them once today but it cut me off after about 5 minutes :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I just need my referee to send the reference and then all systems are go - but the pay link's not activated? Huh? Do we need to wait longer to send it off, then?

ReputationRep:
    The woman on the phone said the techies were going to fit my problem. And, they have! I'm so happy. The form is now saving my qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizbut)
    I just need my referee to send the reference and then all systems are go - but the pay link's not activated? Huh? Do we need to wait longer to send it off, then?
    I believe you pay and send once your referee completes the reference, at least that is how it worked last year.

ReputationRep:
    My referee has added his bit so everything on the form is done. Yay! The pay-send button isn't activated though. It just says: "The payment link has not been activated yet."

Will that be activated on Monday then?

Edit: Just got this email:

We are pleased to confirm that Jxxx xxxxxx has completed your reference.

You must now log back into your application and complete it by paying and sending it to us. Please note that this option is not available until 11 October 2010.

Note: this is an automated email, so please do not reply to this address.

Yours sincerely

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone find that when you copied your PS and work exp onto the thing, it didnt tell you how many lines you had left etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexxxx)
    Did anyone find that when you copied your PS and work exp onto the thing, it didnt tell you how many lines you had left etc?
    Try hitting the space bar or enter key after you paste it. It should update the count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1tsun3)
    Try hitting the space bar or enter key after you paste it. It should update the count.
    I tried this last night but no luck! I'll try again in a bit - if not I'll just have to trust Word!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexxxx)
    I tried this last night but no luck! I'll try again in a bit - if not I'll just have to trust Word!

It's not working for me, and it's not even letting me save my personal statement section. This whole application process has been terrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bballer4life)
    It's not working for me, and it's not even letting me save my personal statement section. This whole application process has been terrible
    Ah me neither. It saved two of the same A Levels and wont let me delete them, OR save the whole education section. I really wanted to get my ref request out today so I'm a bit annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    The application process is a joke, I can't save my choices or my personal statement section. It keeps logging me off Apply and saying internal server error when I try to click save. Really wanted to get it all finished today. Has anyone worked out a way around this?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.